Help Me Out

Tiara rummaged through her pantry. Ever since Destiny got home she's been having their mom running around like a mad woman. She came home on their whole health kick, and refused to each anything that she called 'unclean'. Tiara's mom bought a bunch of fruit and gluten free snacks, and she even started throwing away all of Tiara's stuff, so she had to hide everything that she had left.

"Cheese puffs or barbeque chips!?" Tiara yelled down the stairs to the basement.

"Barbeque!" Courtney yelled back.

"No, bring the cheese ones!" Kirsnick yelled after her. Tiara rolled her eyes and grabbed both bags before she kicked the pantry door shut and made her way down to the basement. She threw both bags of chips over the back of the sofa and ran back up to the door to swing it closed.

That door was the only thing that she didn't like about her room. If she had it her way the door would be at the bottom of the steps but for the most part she couldn't complain. Right around the time that Destiny went to her father's, Tiara realized that her room upstairs was too small. Destiny occupied the large room because she was older, and she knew that her mother would never let her take her older sister's room because her mom was already working day and night to get her back home. She wanted a new room; the attic was too hot to sleep in comfortably and the only other option was the basement. When Tiara asked about turning the basement into a bedroom her mother didn't care, but her father wasn't okay with it. The basement was finished and spanned the area of the entire first floor of the house, and that was a door that led directly outside to the backyard; and that meant that anyone could come in and out at any time and they wouldn't know. Tiara begged and begged until they came up with a compromise; a ring camera was set up outside the door and she could have the room.

She had the basement set up like a studio apartment and it was everything she wanted. With the door it was like she had her own house. Tiara walked over to the sofa and sat down. There were posters and art supplies all over the floor. Courtney was running for homecoming court and the group of them were making posters to hand in the hallways at school.

"You got something to drink?" kirsnick asked.

"You shouldn't be thirsty, you not doin nothing but watching tv." Courtney said to him.

"if I had something to drink I'd have the energy to help." he sat back against the sofa and chaged the channel on the tv.

"you could literally just go home." Courtney said to him.

"You don't live here; you can't put me out." he replied.

"If you want something to drink you can go up and get it yourself. I'm tired of going up and down those steps." Tiara said.

"You should ask for a mini fridge," he said before he ran up the stairs to the kitchen.

He came back down with three bottles of water and put them down on the floor where we were all sitting. He grabbed one of the bags of chips and laid it down on the floor next to him and without skipping a beat he lifted his hand up above his head and brought it back down on top of the bag hard enough to pop it open using the air inside the bag.

"You got chips on the floor you animal," Courtney said to him.

"don't worry I'll eat those." he replied. Courtney rolled her eyes and turned her attention back to the posters.

"That's gross Kirsnick," Tiara said.

"It isn't like the floor is dirty." kirsnick said before he shoved a handful of chips into his mouth.

"Still gross," Courtney said.

"So are you but I don't judge you for it." He picked up one of the posters and started coloring in the block letters she had drawn on it. "What color you want this?"