Tommyinnit needs a break: The Sequel

If Theseus had not been invisible and supposed to be sneaking around in secret, he would have spouted out enough curses to make even a sailor flush at the sheer amount of exasperation embedded into them. They had discussed theories both likely and unlikely to happen, just to be safe. The meeting had concluded long ago, with Stopwatch and Blue having already left for patrol. Now though, it seems the heroes are just catching up. Schlatt had joined in at some point but had to leave due to work reasons.

"Hey, Sam." his father said, a devious grin taking over his face. Sam shook his head in amusement. "I see you have not changed, not one bit."

Zak giggled, "I see you've still got your affinity for technology. How's Fran?" Sam laughed softly, "She's missed you."

"I guess I should swing by, huh?"

"You definitely should." Techno's gruff voice suddenly cuts in, holding a pocketbook that he pulled out of thin air. Zak giggled at the sight of reading glass perched on Techno's nose, "Y'know, my husband is currently building a diner? It's almost done as well. Give or take like... two weeks, maybe?"

Huh? A diner?

"We wanted to surprise the boys with it since my second eldest is going to have his birthday in two months," Zak said, fondness very obvious in his eyes. Techno grunted in acknowledgment, "Clayton Ray Huff, right?" The person in question nodded.

"Yes, well, it's Clayton Ray Halo now. The diner should be done being built before his birthday, maybe a few weeks from now?"

Techno raised an eyebrow and opened his mouth but Phil cut in before he said it, "Your husband, Darryl Halo, right? He's a demon hybrid." And just by hearing that, although Phil's intention behind the question was hidden, Theseus knew Phil suspected something.

His father seemed to catch it as well, by the way his eyes sharpened. He nodded in confirmation and gestured for Phil to continue. Then Sam spoke up, "Don't you think it's a coincidence that the villain, Badboyhalo also has Halo in his name? And is he also a demon hybrid?"

"Darryl wouldn't do that," Wilbur said with a mouthful of cookie that was brought in by Phil- who probably got it from Puffy, "he's too nice."

"They're just suggesting a theory, Wilbur," Techno said gruffly. He was still reading the pocketbook but Theseus can tell that he was not really paying attention to the thing he was reading. It seemed the conversation caught his attention. "I know, and I'm saying he's too nice."

Theseus could see his father's adam's apple bob as if he actually considered it, and he wouldn't be wrong for thinking so. But it looked like he didn't even want to consider it like it pained him to think about it. "I mean it's possible," he mumbled.

They all turned to him in surprise, they expected him to detest it and deny it since that was his lover that they were talking about. "I-" he stopped and closed his mouth. "Let's focus on this uh, Egg thing first."

Then Zak looked at the wall, "I should be heading back home before Darryl finds me not in it when he returns from work." He stood up and went into the bathroom.

Everyone was silent for a beat before Wilbur said, "Wow, of all people, I thought he would be on Darryl's side," he said, taking another bite of cookie. His older twin's face scrunched up in disgust, "We are not related."

"We all should be heading back," Phil says, getting up and gesturing for his sons to do the same. Sam nodded, "Yeah, the sun's about to rise." And on queue, Theseus heard the bathroom door unlock.

Zak walked in with damp hair, eyebags, and pajamas. "C'mon, Sam. You have a car, right? Can you drive me back?" Sam smiled and nodded. Theseus couldn't see any point in staying longer and headed back.

Primes. He really hoped the Egg would be handled by the heroes and the vigilantes wouldn't be forced to help.

•~♪~•

663 words

my mental state is getting worse, but i needed to post soooo- short chapter it is. sorry.