Chapter 1: A new beginning

On a cold night, Callie enters her bedroom and grabbed her journal. She started writing a story about her day, using the journal her friend gave her as a gift. She loved the smell of the new paper and the feeling of putting pen to paper. As she wrote, the story unfolded before her, takes the first pages in her journal.

Callie's Journal: *writing her journal* As I sat down with my pen and journal, I couldn't help but feel a sense of comfort wash over me. Journaling had become my way of reflecting on my thoughts, feelings, and experiences without the burden of holding onto them in my mind. Tonight, I wanted to write about something that was particularly close to my heart: my dear human friend. Somewhere in the forest, hidden amidst the tall trees and winding paths, lies a place of solace and reflection. It's a place where the sounds of rustling leaves and chirping birds drown out the noise of the world outside, and the fresh air clears the mind"

Callie: *Picking up some berries and putting them inside the basket while humming the calamari inktation* "Can't wait to make some cherry pie for my bestie Marie. I mean, after all the ink blood, sweat, and flour I've put into it, it's gotta be perfect!"

Suddenly, Callie's phone rang. She made a disgusted face, thinking it was her boss, but when she looked at her phone, it was Marie calling. Her frown turned into a smile as she answered the call.

Callie: "Marie!"

Marie: ""Hey Cal, how's your day going so far? Just wanted to check in and see how you're doing."

Callie: "Oh, it's better than okay, Marie! I've got a little secret to share with you, but I won't tell. It's going to make your day, I guarantee it!"

Marie: "Heh, well I hope it surprises me. Whatever it is, I'm open to it and ready to take it as it comes."

Callie: "You betcha! It's gonna be amazing!"

Marie: *Giggled a bit* "Well, I guess I should get going now. Talk to you soon, okay?"

Callie: "Wait Marie, I wanna tell you something"

Marie: "anything you say, Callie"

Callie had initially intended to share with Marie what had happened after the splatfest, but she abruptly changed her decision.

Callie: "Umm... Nevermind about it then... "

Marie: "Um, okay Callie... Well, stay safe out there in the forest. Bye" *hangs up*

Callie let out a sigh as she plopped down beside a nearby tree, lost in thought. She needed to carefully consider the decision she was about to make and weigh the potential consequences. So she took a moment to collect her thoughts and think things through before proceeding.

Callie: *facepalm* "What were you thinking, Cal? What if you upset her again after you say it? Squidballs, you're so dumb!"

Callie decided to take a moment to relax and unwind. She reached for a cherry she had picked earlier and took a satisfying bite, savoring the sweet, juicy flavor. As she enjoyed the fruit, she allowed herself to take a deep breath and clear her mind, hoping that the break would help her feel refreshed and better able to deal with the situation at hand.

Callie: "there much better"...

She patting her knees with both hands. She gazed upwards towards the sky, peering through the leaves of the surrounding trees and taking in the calming view above. The distant chirping of birds added to the peaceful atmosphere and Callie felt herself beginning to relax and bored at the same time

Callie: "Hmm, I'm getting bored. This feels as dull as it used to be."

Out of nowhere, Callie's pointy ears perked up, catching a faint sound in the distance. Her head swiveled towards the source of the noise, and she listened intently as a bush rustled nearby.