Spoke's terrible, horrible, no good, very bad night(s) part 1

Spoke quietly moved down the hallway, aiming to be undetected. Well, he didn't actually know if there was anyone here, but it was smart to be quiet anyway.

Typical to how he functioned, Spoke had accidently found a secret base while mining. At this point it just happened, he wasn't even trying anymore. He had the magic touch or something.

However, atypical to how he normally functioned, Spoke didn't know whose base this was yet. Normally, when stumbling upon a secret base, Spoke was able to tell almost immediately who it belonged to. There were always easy clues lying around like a pet or a recognizable set of armor, he even had chest organization memorized. If Spoke walked into a random base, completely unaware of whose it was, he could figure it out pretty easily, pretty fast.

Which is why this base was weird because despite seeing several things that Spoke would normally consider clues, he still wasn't sure whose base it was. Which probably meant it belonged to someone who Spokes' chronic habit of discovering bases had yet to inflict. Meaning Spoke was going to be in trouble if whoever lived here found him.

Oh yeah, he'd opened a few chests, and someone was definitely living here right now. Whoever it was was stacked too, Spoke had to restrain himself from stealing. He did take some items though, just little ones, things people wouldn't miss. Three stacks of golden apples.

Okay, to be fair though, there was like, an entire chest full of them. Who even does that? They must have spent an entire day just making golden apples and literally nothing else.

Despite his mild thievery, Spoke had been actually smart about what he took. Items like armor or potions would have been obvious if they mysteriously disappeared, whereas the chest with the golden apples was practically overflowing. Needless to say, this person was incredibly rich.

As he tucked the golden apples into his inventory, Spoke began thinking of the rich people on the server. It was a pretty weak lead, but it might help him figure out who owned this base. It would be helpful to know who was about to jump him for home invasion in the foreseeable future.

Reddons was the first stacked player to come to mind, but Spoke had been in one of his bases before, and this wasn't his building style. Reddoons liked bigger rooms than these, which is an oddly specific thing to know, but Spoke had fair reason to know it, okay?

So, Reddoons was off the list. The next player to come to mind was Subz, who is definitely the type of person to spend time making a full chest of exclusively golden apples. Subz actually might be the correct guess, Spoke considered. From the amount of gear laying around, it looked like there were two people living here, which was common for Subz to do.

But now that Spoke looked harder, none of the weapons had the purple engraved handle that Subz always had. Also that shield in the corner was a normal shield with no pattern. Which was really not Subz's style.

Before Spoke could entertain another thought, he was quickly distracted by a door innocently placed at the end of the hallway. That was weird. No one puts doors in their bases, there's no need to block off a room, especially when you're trying to move fast. It was a solid door too, Spoke was instantly curious.

Hoping whoever lives here wasn't home, Spoke gently eased the door open. The room it opened to was smaller than the other rooms in the base, but still a decent size. Directly in front of Spoke were three double chests stacked on top of each other, Spoke itched to look inside them, but decided against it as he hadn't seen the rest of the room yet.