Part 2

Bad news, it was happening again. Spoke needed to stop wandering around at night because he was ninety percent sure that he had just walked into someone's base while they were asleep. Again. He considered making the "but it's weird that it happened twice" joke, but honestly, he was too scared of repeating an experience like last time. Actually, no he'd do it anyway.

"If I... had a quarter for every time I accidentally walked into someone's base while they were asleep," Spoke muttered to himself in a silly voice while he crept quietly though the base. "I'd have two quarters..." he quickly darted across a doorway in the hall that he was currently exploring. "Which isn't a lot," he continued. "But it's weird that it's happened twice!"

"Spoke?" Sounded a voice from in the room he just passed. Spoke yelped and quickly whipped around to face the person who was evidently awake in the base that was supposed to have asleep people in.

It was Mapicc, which isn't bad -Spoke is on good terms with Mapicc- but it sure is awkward because Spoke was in his base, again: while he was asleep.

"Dude, why are you here," Mapicc asked, brushing his bangs out of his eyes. He had clearly been fast asleep before Spoke woke him up by talking because he had a frankly awful bedhead. Like wow, Mapicc already had unruly hair but this was like if you let birds nest on his head and then hung him upside down in a tornado for an hour. It was bad bad.

Mapicc cleared his throat, snapping Spoke out of his thoughts and back to the question that Mapicc had asked him.

"I'm just looking around," Spoke answered with a grin and leaned dramatically to the side to peer around Mapicc, down the hallway. He had come from that direction and had therefore already seen everything that way, but for show he'd pretend like he hadn't.

"Okay?" Mapicc looked ready to kill Spoke just to go back to sleep, "I'm going to-"

"Wait, wait, wait!" Spoke shouted, Mapicc didn't seem extremely hostile, but Spoke would really prefer to not get in a fight right now, especially in a base that he wasn't familiar with. Spoke abruptly turned on his heel and entered the nearest room to him, luckily not the room Mapicc came out of. As it turns out, the room was a chest room, which was exactly what Spoke was looking for.

"Yup, yup, this makes sense," Spoke observed as he dug through the first available chest. "Red colored banners, geometric patterns on the gear.... and that's Ro's shield!" He pointed accusingly inside the chest at the offending item, blinking up at Mapicc with a grin. Mapicc looked at Spoke confusedly and made a "go on '' gesture with his hand.

"If you were not here, I would still be able to tell that this is your base!" Spoke explained confidently to a majorly unimpressed Mapicc. Hey, it wasn't his best talent, but it was one that other people didn't have, so that made it cool.

"Yeah, whatever man," Mapicc yawned. "You have fun, I'm going back to sleep." He turned and tugged the hood of his hoodie back over his otherworldly bed head, seemingly okay with Spoke in his base unsupervised. Which offended Spoke a little, but Mapicc wasn't really on the top of the list of people he needed to intimidate, so he'd let it slide just this once.

Peering out into the hallway, Spoke watched Mapicc disappear back into his room. Faint voices were heard -oh so he and Ro do share a bedroom- but stopped with a thump. Spoke really hoped that was Mapicc flopping onto his bed and not him dropping dead on the spot. Or maybe he did want that, it would be funny.

After a few seconds of waiting, curiosity got the best of Spoke. He stepped silently into the hallway and made his way towards the room Mapicc was sleeping in. Barely peeking his head around the corner Spoke did a quick once over of the room before setting on the specifics, which lay in the back corner.

Tucked under shoulder-level chests in true Mapicc and Ro fashion, were two beds pushed together. Mapicc evidently slept in the one closer to the wall, as he was sprawled perpendicularly over Ro's legs, part on his bed, part on his own bed, and part suspended above the floor.

Almost immediately after Spoke noticed them, Mapicc started being moved by some unseeable force. Spoke assumed it was Ro's hands that he just couldn't see at this light level, but it was definitely funny to watch Mapicc be flopped around by something that looked like it wasn't there.

In order to scoot Mapicc onto his bed without bumping his head on the chests about them, Ro's hands had to roll him over his body. It was still really weird to watch because Spoke couldn't see Ro's hands.

After a few seconds of being manhandled, Mapicc started fighting back against Ro's hands, kicking and hitting in an extremely uncoordinated way. In retaliation, Ro rolled over and whacked him a couple times. The whole thing continued into a halfhearted tussle, both parties clearly three seconds from falling asleep.

Less than a second after Spoke thought that, Mapicc and Ro stilled and fell silent. Their positions had changed from Mapicc perpendicular to Ro, to them both tangled together in a position that could not be comfortable.

Fantastic. Spoke was absolutely sure that at least one of them would hit their head on the chests when they woke up. Actually that explained a lot of their behavior, maybe they were constantly concussed. He would definitely ask them next time he saw them. ...would a concussed person know if they were concussed?

Well, that was really, really unimportant, Spoke decided. Figuring he should stop staring at people while they slept, he turned on his heel and made his way to the exit of Mapicc and Ro's base. Now that Spoke's need to be nosy had been satisfied for tonight, he had to find somewhere to sleep for himself.