chapter 1

Enoli crouched in the shadows, his sharp fox ears alert for any sound of movement. His black and white fur blended seamlessly with the darkness, making him almost invisible to the untrained eye. He watched as his target - a wealthy merchant with a reputation for cruelty - emerged from his mansion and climbed into his carriage.

Enoli had been hired to take out the merchant, but he hesitated for a moment. He had been an assassin for years, known only as Eclipse for his ability to strike without being seen. He had always prided himself on his skills, but lately he had grown tired of the constant killing. He yearned for something more, something that would make him feel alive again. With a sigh, he let the carriage pass him by. He had made up his mind - he was done with that life. He knew he couldn't keep running forever, but for now he would make a new life for himself in the bustling town that lay just beyond the forest.

As he approached the town gates, he pulled up his hood to conceal his distinctive fox ears and tail. He didn't want to draw attention to himself. He slipped into the crowd and began to work his way through the market, looking for his next mark. 

A mother fretting over her toddler with a baby wailing in her arms.  He cringed at the thought of taking from a family who needs it more then him. Next to her was a man staring, obviously, at the mother's breast. Enoli rolled his eyes, him he has no mercy for.

After a month, Enoli steals enough from unexpecting scum to rent himself a room over a bar. The bar is loud and always full of drunks, but he is content having his own space. Naturally, he has a room with two windows, on opposite walls for quick escapes in case he is ever found or cornered.  The room itself  is only big enough for a twin sized bed, an end table with a lamp, and a small table pressed against a wall with a window over it, across from the bed. The room is drafty and creaky with no rugs covering the wood floor. Enoli doesn't mind one bit. 

He spends his leisure time in the bar, in the far back corner, nursing an ale. He watched the crowd closely for any trouble, but also just the enjoyment of people watching. He watches as the regulars drink themselves drunk and collapse into each other. He watches the barkeep laugh and shake their head at the old drunks. Enoli feels jealousy cloud his conscious. He wishes he had a home, or a place he could have been a regular at. where the owner would just laugh and shake their head at Enoli's shenanigans.

Flicking his ear under his hood, he stands leaving what he owes on the table and gesturing to the barkeep. After receiving a nod in acknowledgement, Enoli heads out the door. Ready to pinch something shiny to pay this months rent.

Enoli silently crept through the crowded marketplace, his sharp fox ears alert for any sound of movement or danger. He spotted his target in the distance - a young man with bright pink hair, who looked lost in thought as he surveyed the goods on display.

Without a second thought, Enoli slipped forward and reached for the man's purse. But to his surprise, Vivendel's hand snapped out and caught his wrist in a vice-like grip.

"What do you think you're doing?" Vivendel demanded, his tone surprisingly calm.

Enoli tried to pull away, but Vivendel's grip was too strong. He looked into the man's eyes and saw something there that made him pause - a flicker of kindness, perhaps, or maybe something more.

"I...I was just trying to make a living," Enoli stammered. "I didn't mean any harm."

Vivendel studied him for a moment, then released his wrist.  "Are you that desperate for a living?"  He mocked. "There are more honorable ways."

Enoli became angry, how dare this nobody look down on him.  Before he could voice his frustrations, Vivendel spoke, "Listen, I have a proposition for you," he said. "I need someone with your skills. If you agree to work with me, I'll pay you handsomely." 

Enoli looks at the pink haired young man suspiciously. Vivendel is a sight to behold. He stands tall with a lean build, and his hair flows down in waves that shimmer in the light. His hair is a bright shade of pink, almost as if it were a reflection of the magic he wields. His eyes are a deep blue, and they seem to sparkle with an otherworldly energy.

Vivendel's clothing is as unique as he is. He wears a long, flowing robe that is a mix of different shades of pink, purple, and blue. The material is light and airy, allowing him to move freely when he casts his spells. His sleeves are wide and flared at the ends, adding to the dramatic effect of his magic.

As a magic user, Vivendel is unparalleled in his skills. He has an innate understanding of all types of magic and can use them to their fullest potential. He can conjure powerful spells with just a flick of his wrist, and his magic is so strong that it can sometimes be felt in the air around him. However, when he speaks, his voice is gentle and calming, soothing those around him.

"Lets get a drink, I'll give you the low down." Vivendel smiled and gestured to the bar. " It's on me." He strides over to the bar, not checking is Enoli is following. 

Not one to turn down anything free, Enoli follows. His assassin instincts already planning how he could kill him and run. He takes a few deep breaths, reminding himself that's not his life anymore.  

They walk into the bar, much to Enoli's relief, Vivendel lead him to the back booth. after ordering them ales, they take a seat. Enoli faces the entry way, scanning the people for any potential danger. A habit he cant seem to break.

Vivendel sits before Enoli, his eyes fixed intently on the fox-kin's face. "Well first things first. I'm Vivendel. I'm a mage hired by the king. The kingdom is in danger, I think you might be able to help me."

Enoli remained silent, his face stoic and unmoving.

"The king has hired me and four others to take on a dangerous mission," Vivendel continued. "A dragon has been terrorizing the kingdom, and we need to find it and put an end to its destruction."

Enoli's ears perked up at the mention of a dragon. As an assassin, he was no stranger to danger, and the challenge of taking on such a fearsome beast appealed to him.

"But there's more," Vivendel continued. "The king has been acting strangely, and I fear there's more to this than meets the eye. We need to be careful, that's where I think you can help. I want you to find what the king is hiding, also if you're handy with a blade, we could use help with the dragon too." he admitted with a slight blush tinting his cheeks. 

Enoli remained silent, his eyes narrowed as he considered Vivendel's words. He didn't like the idea of working with others, but he knew that the stakes were high. If the dragon continued to terrorize the kingdom, innocent lives would be lost.

Finally, Enoli spoke, his voice low and cold. "And if I decline this gracious offer?"

Vivendel nodded, a small smile playing at the corner of his lips. "I understand. But just so you know, uh, let's just say I have powerful friends in high places."

Enoli hesitated, weighing his options. He knew he was a skilled thief, an expert assassin. Infiltrating the castle and finding the Kings secrets sounds exhilarating. 

"Tell me more."