Succubus

The starry sky howled at us as we left the world between life and death. My father sighed in frustration.

"We won't be home until midnight, okay?"

I stared at the digital clock attached to the car. 8:30 p.m.

"OK, I'll stay up with you to keep you company." I wiggled to the front passenger seat and put on my seat belt.

My father smiled. By 9:45 I was falling asleep. I dozed off into a dream. Dreams are rarely something I have. I'm normally in a pitch black room just staring at it, as if it was a huge t.v, waiting for a show to begin.

This show wasn't happy. I saw men-like shadow figures hold my father down with fingers jabbed into him like claws. They were trying to turn him into a succubi. I didn't know that form could be activated. I focused on the shadows and the closer I looked the more I saw. They weren't shadows, there was dark and thick crimson blood  that coated them, making them look dark and shadowy. Horns that I didn't know were there had popped up quick in a flash.

"We must find it!! Quickly change him!!!" The demon who I assume was the leader because of his enormous size said in a low, hoarse voice commanding the other two.

"I'll NEVER tell you where she is!!!! Kill my succubi, do as you please you piece of shit! I'll NEVER EVER tell YOU!!!!" He shrieked as he struggled to be free of the two junior demons. They smirked and snickered at his retracted every time with pain.

"Activate your succubi to purify you? Why would we possibly do that? Ha!!! We wouldn't kill you! Well, not yet. We need to torture you! Now, tell me where that little goddess demon is." He slithered every word and roared.

My father stayed quiet breathing heavily with a serious face.

"Fine, let's do this your way!!" The demon jabbed long black claws in my father's lung area. He screeched in pain.

"Daddy!!!!!" My own voice echoed in my head. I felt the shriek of pain and worry slowly fade as the scene collapsed into an empty hollowness and my frantic heart wishing to go back to help my father.

"Saphira!?!?! What's wrong!?!" My father stopped the car, pressing on the break with unnecessary force. I lunged forward locking my seat belt. The scare in my mind was so much I didn't notice my bruised shoulder. 

"What happened!?!" My dad looked at me with concern and fear was rushing through his eyes.

"Nightmare about demons. They were hurting you because of me." My tears slowly flowed as I quietly told him.

He slowly smiled as he patted my head

"Just a nightmare, don't worry. Go back to sleep. We should be home in an hour or so, OK?"

I didn't believe him. That scene, it was going to happen. Or so I thought at that time. His soothing voice hummed me to sleep as I returned to the black screen. Nothing. All still. All quiet.

The hazy horizon of bright stars caught my attention as I slowly woke. The car stopped and I got out. I dragged my feet as I tried to reach our dark wooden door. I felt hands pick me up and bring me in. Slowly hearing a click then followed by the soft steps of my father's footsteps against the shiny hardwood floor. Warm blankets wrapped around me as I was drifting back to sleep.

"Please forget Siphria.....please forget your name. Forget that memory....." I felt a strong force hit me but I bounced it back. I would pretend, I didn't want to forget. Nor would I.

The days following my 12 years of age was the becoming of my powers and my inside succubus. My father had a manipulating and memory erase kind of power, his "special" picked ones. He had other types of powers that came with it. I wasn't as excited to know what mine would turn out to be as he was. But that day my inner succubus came my life changed. I fell in love. In love with a human.