Chapter 7 - In the pit of desire

*Chapter depicts alcohol and substance abuse + sexual tension*

Imelda was standing in front of the mirror in our room. She had dressed up in a stunning dark green velvet dress, with black see through stockings. The dress was hugging around her athletic shape perfectly and stopped right below her butt, revealing her toned quads beneath the pantyhose. She paused for a moment and looked at me through the reflection of the mirror.

"What's on your mind, love?" Imelda only ever spoke this gently to me.

I shook my head out of my fixated stare and gave her a half-assed smile. She didn't buy it one bit. Imelda tilted her head and raised her eyebrows at me while she attached her dangling pearl earring. She turned around to face me after she had attached them both. She looked absolutely stunning with her long raven hair curled down in perfect strands over her chest.

"I suppose I can guess what's bugging you, but we needn't talk about it just yet..." She gave me a reassuring smile and placed her hand on top of my knee. "Screw the boys for tonight, let's have fun, us girls" She gave me a wink and I replied with a smile and a nod. But I knew Imelda well enough that she could only fight off the boys for so long.

"Will you help me get ready?" I finally said something and immediately felt awkward at how thin my voice sounded. Imelda didn't seem to care though, her face lit up at my question and she grabbed my hands to rise.

Sebastian POV

I was already down three fire whiskey shots within the first fifteen minutes of the party. The music around us was vibrating in a deep, throbbing rhythm. The Hufflepuff common room, that usually bore a golden glow to it, had been glamoured with a darker ambience to set the mood for the party. I had to give it to them, the Hufflepuffs could throw a party.

A nausea was brewing in my guts as half an hour had passed and I still hadn't seen Y/N or Ominis here. They really enjoyed their time alone lately, didn't they? Infuriated by my own destructive thoughts I made my way to the conjured bar for another remedy to drown my emotions, like I usually did one way or another.

I shot my head back and let the firewhiskey sting my throat for a second before going at my second one right after.

"Woah there, Sallow... Sure you don't want something stronger?"

I turned around to face the unsolicited commentator. "Get that shit away from me, Gareth." I realized I had sounded harsher than I intended and the ginger Gryffindor placed a small glowing flask back into his robes before lifting both his palms up in a sign for truce. He took a step back and lowered his head. "As you wish, Sallow. But you know where I am if you change your mind." Though his body language was submitting, his voice sounded almost certain I would be seeing him again later. I bit the inside of my cheek and decided he would be wrong in that assumption.

The room was already spinning and I was dancing with some random Ravenclaw lass as I noticed the figures entering the room. A knockback of sobriety hit me as I noticed Y/N next to Imelda. She looked magnificent. Her eyes met with mine for a moment, those deep eyes that carried so much burden. Almost involuntarily I felt my feet approach her, but before I even got close, her companion dragged her away with her to get a drink. My eyes followed her as she stumbled after Imelda, her face turned halfway back towards me.

Bile burned in my throat as I watched her get lost in the crowd of drunk students. Fuck it. Where is that ginger prick?

I looked around the crowd and noticed Ominis sitting on the couch, talking to a tall Hufflepuff man with dark hair. Wait a minute... I remembered him from potions class, sure enough I had seen him around before, but never really paid much attention to him. Until...