Nostalgia

Raven was wide eyed and oh so interested in her mother's past, it seemed like sleep would be a distant possibility.

"How about I complete this story tomorrow, hmm?" Raven's father gently suggested, sensing her growing curiosity.

"Okay!" Raven replied.

"Goodnight, birdie," her father whispered, planting a soft kiss on her forehead. Raven  smiled. Every time her father  sees Raven smile, a wave of nostalgia washes over him. It takes him back to those cherished nights with his wife. He was privileged to witness the radiant smile that illuminated her face, a smile that was reserved only for him.

"Goodnight, Daddy," she whispered, but a yawn overtook her, spreading across her face. Her father chuckled softly, realizing that sleep had finally claimed her.

He tucked her in once more, ensuring her peaceful rest. As he stepped out of the room, a sigh escaped his lips, his thoughts lingering on his wife's tumultuous past. Their love was deep and passionate, but he knew that her actions would have consequences. In their tale, there was no easy path to happiness. There was no such thing as "they lived happily ever after." At least.. not in their tale, because they had a love that was forbidden. Their forbidden love had defied conventions and sparked consequences that they couldn't escape.