Hexquisitely Un-Hexquisite

Vivica and Baddy left the headmaster's office in complete silence. Both were bottled up with feelings that they couldn't form any words. One of them was filled with rage, one was filled with a lack of courage to share his feelings.                                                                                                                        

"I can't believe I got Princessology!" Vivica exclaimed, breaking the awkward silence. Baddy chuckled in response. "Well, that's quite a surprise," he replied. "So, uh... I'll see you around?" he added, his voice slightly nervous. Vivica glanced at him and smirked. "Yeah, I'll see you later, loser," she said, playfully teasing him while examining her schedule.

Vivica and Baddy were friends since Spellementary, they always were the trouble makers of their time. Teachers used to always send them to detention for the pranks they did and the things they paint on other students lockers. Baddy even developed feelings for Vivica, yet he was too scared to confess because he knew that she would see him as a friend and reject him. It would be awkward for the two to hang-out after she rejects him so he chose to stay quiet.                             

Vivica then read a small piece of parchment while walking to her dorm, she was curious to see who would be so brave enough to be her roommate. "Little Red Riding Hood. Interesting..." Vivica said with a smirk. As she got to her door, she knocked and no one replied, so she just made her way in.                                                                                                                                                              

Half of the room was decorated and the other half was left plain. Red's half was old fashioned yet minimalistic, just like her story.                                                                                                                             

As Vivica walked in, she found herself analyzing Red's room. Her bed was made of dark red oak wood with golden essence. Her walls were a light brown with shelves hung on them, books filled the space of the shelves and a tiny plant on top to make it look more like her story.                  "Looks like I have some work to do," Vivica said with a deep sigh. She then made her way to the empty bed and she lay down in hexhaustion.   She blasted Lana Vel Rey  for a few minutes until her roomie came in.

Red stood tall, her figure lean and graceful. Her lustrous black hair framed her face, accentuating her striking wood-shaded brown eyes. She donned a vibrant red sweatshirt that added a bold splash of color to her ensemble. Completing her outfit were blue flared jeans that flattered her form, paired effortlessly with comfortable sneakers. Her appearance exuded a mix of casual charm and undeniable style.

"Huh, I don't remember seeing you when I arrived," Red remarked, a puzzled expression gracing her face. Vivica removed her headphones and shot her a sharp glance. "Well, that's because I just got here, you fool!" Vivica snapped, still lying on her back, arms crossed behind her head. "Don't call me a fool! It's not my fault that Headmaster Grimm assigned me to room with you!" Red said angrily as her face color matched her name.

"Aww, did I manage to ruffle your feathers?" Vivica shot back, a wicked smirk curling her lips. "You must be the most annoying person I've ever met! I don't want to room with a pathetic old fool!" Red yelled.

Just as Red finished her sentence, Vivica rose to her feet. Flames enveloped her fists, their shades of purple dancing with intensity, while her once-purple irises transformed into a deep maroon hue.

Everything went cold, and so did Red.

"Hexcuse me!" Vivica's voice thundered, her presence emitting an overwhelming force that sent Red's books tumbling to the ground. "Do you have any idea who I am?" Vivica fired, her tone dripping with authority. Red met Vivica's gaze with unwavering intensity, a flicker of regret dancing within her core.  Trembling, Red locked eyes with Vivica, a mixture of fear and regret swirling within her. "Y-Yes," Red stammered, her voice quivering. "Y-You're Vivica Queen, the daughter of The Evil Queen. And... and you do scare me. I can face a wolf, and you think I can't face you!?" Red said, managing to fake her bravery.

Vivica then  lowered her flames, smiling. The energy of the room changed in a flash. "Huh, you've got some nerve talking to me, and.. I kinda like that. But don't tell anyone I said that!"

"Hah, well.. you aren't so bad yourself.." Red said with a smile. So, since we would be in the same room for whoever-after knows long.. wanna be friends?" Red said, in hopes of her new evil roommate to accept her offer. "Alright, but if anyone knows.. you'll be bones! Vivica said jokingly.  Red laughed. "I won't.. I promise."

As the sun set, Vivica realized that after having conversations and letting Red help decorate Vivica's side of the room, she wasn't so bad after all.  They had developed a unique bond. Vivica was still mysterious to Red.. she  didn't want to talk about her life because she didn't think a girl who wears a red hood and carries a basket full of food into the woods would understand her destiny.                                                                                                                                                                                 

"We should call it a night, we have a big day tomorrow." Red said, yawning.                                                

"K." Vivica said while getting into her  violet silk bedsheets.  Her pillows were velvet and all the different shades of purple could be found. She had her own writing desk and her own private bathroom for her only to use.   

"Goodnight roomie!" Red said.

"Night." she replied.