All About Perrie Edwards

So yeah I just wanna inform you about the artist of the U.K.

Source: Wikipedia

Perrie Louise Edwards (born 10 July 1993) is an English singer, who rose to prominence in the 2010s as a member of the English girl group . With the group, she achieved nineteen top-ten singles, five number-ones, and six consecutive top-five albums on the , becoming the first girl group to achieve this and the first girl group to spend a total of 100 weeks within the top 10 of the . Edwards is the first female ambassador for the brand Supreme Nutrition, and in 2021 launched her own fashion brand, Disora. She has been praised for her vocals and falsetto.

Early life

Perrie Louise Edwards was born on 10 July 1993 and raised in South Shields, Tyne & Wear. She was named after Steve Perry from the rock band Journey. Her parents Deborah Duffy and Alexander Edwards divorced when she was a child and both remarried. Her mother married Mark Duffie from New Zealand, and her father married Joanna Wells. Edwards has an older brother called Jonnie Edwards and a half-sister named Caitlin Edwards.

As a child Edwards attended Radipole Primary School in Weymouth Dorset before moving back to South Shields. She attended St. Peter and Paul RC Primary School, and Mortimer Community College  in South Shields, and  later transferred to New Castle College, where she received a BTEC in Performing Arts. As a preteen she lived two years in Hamilton, New Zealand. Edwards was born with oensophageal atreasia, which is responsible for the bisectional scar on her stomach, and . As a child she underwent several operations because of the condition.

Music career 2011–2022: Career beginnings and Little Mix

In 2011, at age 17 Edwards auditioned for The X Factor with You Oughta Know' by Alanis Morisette . After she failed the first bootcamp challenge to progress through to the Girls category (solo females aged 16–24), she was placed into a four-piece group named Faux Pas with Leigh Anne Pinnock, Jade Thirlwall and Jesy Nelson. and were in another group called Orion. Both groups failed to progress through the next stage. A decision was made by the judges to bring back the four to form a new four-piece group called Rhythmix and they progressed to the judges' houses. They eventually reached the live shows and were mentored by . On 28 October 2011, it was announced that the group's name has changed to Little Mix. On 11 December 2011, Little Mix were announced as the winners, making them the first band ever to win the British version of the show.

Edwards released six albums and one album with the group, (2012), (2013), (2015), (2016), (2018), (2020) and (2021). Since their debut, the group have been cited for helping the girl band renaissance in the UK. They have gone onto become one of the and one of . In December 2021, the group announced they would be going on a hiatus, after in 2022, to allow its members to pursue solo projects.

2022–present: Journey as a solo artist and new projects

In November 2022, Edwards estimated net worth was revealed to be 17.5 million, appearing on the , for the first time. In March 2023, Edwards signed a recording contract with . Later that month, her clothing brand Disora became one of only 6% of brands to sell a size 18 and above. In May, Edwards announced her partner-ship with , a virtual counseling and therapy company to help people gain access to therapy.

Endorsements

Edwards is a patron for a breast cancer charity. In 2019, she became the face of Italian brand and released a designed collection of shoes. In 2020, she was announced as the first female ambassador for Supreme Nutrition. Later that year, Edwards became the new face of , a Portuguese-African food franchise. She also appeared in their television advertisements.

In 2021, Edwards launched her own fashion brand, Disora, describing it as a "contemporary luxury" brand. Disora's first collection, DS001, sold out within 48 hours but received criticism at the brand's lack of size inclusivity. In 2023, Edwards, in a interview for , stated that Disora would now inclusive for all sizes, making it one of only 6% of brands that sell a size 18 and above.

In 2012, during the recording stages for the group's debut album DNA (2012), Edwards had to undergo surgery to remove her inflamed tonsils. In 2017, she was set to perform alongside Little Mix in , but was hospitalised with gastric problems. In August 2018, she received further treatment on her throat for her oesophageal condition. In April 2019, Edwards shared her struggles with and and underwent therapy for her mental health. She was interviewed on the subjects by . In a follow up interview for Grazia in 2023, Edwards revealed she experienced bullying as a child because of her appearance. She had with issues with and was left malnourished because of her condition with oesophageal atresia.

Main articles: Little Mix discography and List of songs Recorded by Little Mix

List of songwriting credits, with year released and album shown

2012 - Little Mix releases their first album called DNA, and the songs are

DNA, Change Your Life, Wings and How Ya Doin' with Missy Eliot were she was a Co-Writer

2013 - Little Mix - Little Mix releases their album Salute which includes the songs Salute, Move and Little Me. On 2015 they work on a new song entitle Pretty Girls and gave that song to Britney Spears and Iggy Azalea.

2016 - Little Mix release Glory Days Album and includes their hit top song Shout Out To My Ex, Power, Touch, You're Love, F.U., Oops (featuring Charlie Puth), You Gotta Not, Down & Dirty etc.

2020 - Little Mix releases their album Confetti, and on 2021 they release their music which featured Galantis and David Guetta - Heartbreak Anthem and as their last release of their Album Between Us, which they've said their last farewell to the fans.