Secret Child AU (pt1)

Story contains - swearing, mentions of rape

AN - I might add Mist into other stories I'll write, so I'll specify at the start of the chapters if it takes place in the same AU.

"What colour should I go for?" Gabby asked Watts, looking at the bigger one for her opinion on the nail varnish.

"Hm... maybe a baby purple?" She suggested.

"Ooh, sounds good," she nodded, picking up the baby purple varnish and heading to the next aisle. "...Is that AJ...?"

"I believe so... why is he looking at necklaces? I thought no one in his family likes necklaces other than the crystals,"

"I thought so too," they went over to him and Gabby caught a look at the necklace he was looking at. 'Sister? AJ doesn't have a sister...' she thought as she tapped his shoulder, startling him.

"Ah Jesus! What was that for?" He asked her. "Oh, hey Watts,"

"Do I not get a 'hey'?"

"Maybe if you don't try and give me a heart attack, you'll get a 'hey'," he said to her.

"Why are you looking at necklaces?" Watts asked.

"Oh, um, Nana asked me to go get a necklace for her to ship to her sister,"

"Why would she send you and not go herself?" Gabby asked him.

"She, uh, trusts my choices and she... wanted alone time with her kids,"

"But why-"

"If you two don't mind, I have to go," he said, turning away and heading out the shop quickly. They looked at each other and shared a confused look.

"Who the hell is 'Nana'?" The older one asked.

"Blazes mum,"

"Ah, ok. And I don't think he was being truthful about the necklace,"

"Nor do I, but he was looking at the 'sister' necklace,"

"Well, Sparkles birthday has passed if he was actually getting it for Blaze, and I don't think anyone else but the parents have sisters, but I'm pretty sure they would buy their own necklaces instead of sending the youngest in the family,"

"Yeah, I agree. Maybe the others know something we don't,"

"Perhaps, I'll ask them," she said, pulling out her phone and texting on a group chat, which she quickly got responses to. "Nope, none of them know why,"

"Strange... and I find it a bit weird he practically immediately left after we saw him, it's like he didn't want us to see him buying it,"

"I agree..." Watts nodded, before checking her phone again. "Well that's a bit out of character for him,"

"What do you mean?"

"Apparently Pickle has also seen Blaze buying jewellery, but it said 'daughter' instead of sister, and when he asked him what he was doing, he was stuttering a fair bit and looked really embarrassed and he desperately tried to get out of the conversation. And not just that either, Zeg swears that he's seen both of them at the park in the middle of the night with a third person twice, and when Stripes jokingly asked him if he was gonna give AJ a sibling, he told him 'If you ever ask if I'm going to have another child again, I will, let's just say fricking for this word, kill you and feed your corpse to Daringtons cat' and walked off,"

"I say we all should meet up and discuss their odd behaviour,"

"Yeah, Darington's saying that we could meet up at his house to discuss it,"