Midnight Stroll 🌃

As Tree finished closing his flower shop, he headed straight home, did his usual stuff before going to sleep.

He couldn't sleep.

No matter how hard he tried, he couldn't sleep.

This had happened for a long time. The only times he slept was at his flower shop, sleeping on his counter. He only wakes up when the customer rings the counter bell many times, or shakes him awake. 

He had tried everything. Everything. Just to sleep. He tries changing his bed covers to his favourite sheets. Changing his sleeping position. Playing soothing asmr. No, that definitely didn't work, it just made him more uncomfortable to sleep. He tried sleeping on his couch, running around to tire him out. He was tired, why couldn't he just sleep. 

The only thing that actually made him sleep were sleeping pills. He was out of sleeping pills. Should he go to the pharmacy to buy more? No, It was already midnight. There were no 24/7 hour pharmacy in this small quiet town. There was no 24/7 shops in this area of the town. Who would even give up there sleep schedule for some extra bucks?

...

Maybe taking a midnight stroll with ease my mind.

Putting on his jacket, Tree headed to the park, barely managing to get there with the dim streetlights.

——-

Resting on a wooden bench, Tree felt the cool breeze flowing throughout the whole park. It felt kind of cold, so he put his hands in this pocket. And felt his wallet. 

"Why did I bring my wallet. Why didn't i left it at home. If I get mugged, I'm done for." Tree muttered under his breath.

Eh, it didn't really matter, what thief would even be out at an ungodly hour like this.

Then Tree saw a black figure moving in the distance towards him. Tree panicked.

'Maybe if I don't move, they won't see me?' Thought Tree.

The figure was still heading towards his direction. One thought was in Tree's mind.

'Yea, I should totally run.' 

As Tree turned around the opposite direction, hoping the figure wouldn't catch up, he felt a hand on his shoulder. Scared out of his mind, he reluctantly looked back and saw a hole of empty void staring back at him.

"Tree? What are you dong here?"

As BH let go of his shoulder, Tree walked back to the bench and sat down along with BH.

"Uh Tree, can you respond?"

"...never do that again."

"Oh, uh, I'm sorry if I scared you."

No words were spoken after that for a few minutes. The tree and space reality bending hole sat together in silence .

"So, uh you didn't answer my question just now. Im pretty everyone needs to be sleeping right now."

"Why aren't you sleeping then?"

"I'm a black hole, black holes don't sleep."

".......I can't really sleep that much without my sleeping pills. I ran out of it today."

Tree yawned and leaned against BH. BH froze up. Paralysed, almost.

"Oh, sorry, I forgot you are still getting used to the touch and feeling thing" Tree said as he let go of BH.

"....no...its...ok..."

BH reaches into this hoodie pocket and pulled out 2 can drinks.

"...want one?"

"Oh thanks BH. Where did you even get it?"

"Some 24/7 convenient store  near here."

"I thought there weren't any 24/7 stores here..."muttered Tree as he drank his cola in silence.

".....BH, why did come here? State your reason, I already stated mine."

"...it my favourite spot to look at my home..."

"What?"

"Look up."

Shining up above, a blanket of black stretched across the sky, along with the stars that littered it, all big and small, all glowing brightly. The moon was cast aglow, hanging in the sky.

"Your home is pretty..."

"Its...too lonely up there. I'm sick of seeing the same things over and over again. It made me kind of hate the stars."

"I always thought of you as the type of person to love the stars."

"Yea but, flowers are more better than stars."

"Really?

"The colours and the variety, the shape, isn't it better than just seeing the same things over and over again?"

"Yea...that reminds me, did you read and do everything the note told you to do?"

"Mhm, I put the vase on my nightstand.

"Do you...want to be my assistant?" Said Tree yawning, almost falling sleeping. Tree didn't realise that he leaned on BH again.

"Eh? No, no, I'm too destructive, I can't be let around something that fragile and delicate, I like to look at it from a distance..........Tree?"

Tree didn't respond. Finally for god knows how long, he finally fell asleep.