014. the worst truth to get

"holy fuck. you got him killed?"

APARTMENT,

my heart was beating so fucking fast, a heart attack could start any second. the blood loss from before only added to this injury that kept me tired and anxious more than anything right now. chad took me here and remained in the other room, ready to eavesdrop on whatever's to come in this conversation between my boyfriend and i.

i don't even know how i'd react to ethan being ghostface. the last thing i'd want is to kill him too.

ethan is someone i grew to love more than anything in the world and after amber, it took everything in me to fall again. the last thing i want is to lose someone to ghostfaces hell and torture.

"-kenz?" ethan peaked his head through the door. his face seemed distressed but softened when he came to sight with me.

"sit." there was no sign of joy laced within my face like usual, when he slowly approached the bed.

"is everything okay?"
"-no."

ethan dropped his face. "w-what's wrong?"

all it took in me was a bit of confidence and the reassurance to remember that chad was here in a heartbeat if ethan dared to try something.

"are you ghostface?"

"what?!" he was taken aback.

"are you, ghostface." i firmly said this time. we locked eyes, allowing me to maintain dominance.

"mackenzie. where is this coming from?" he whispered lowly and sat closer to me. it was difficult for me remain still next to him in case he'd want to hurt me, but i kept still and held my composure.

"the fucking attack, ethan. the one where two ghostfaces appeared in front of me, one stabbed me, the other saved me from getting stabbed again..."

ethan shut his eyes and looked away from me.

"...if that ghostface didn't stop the other from stabbing me, i'd be dead right now. no ghostface in history since my dad fucking killed a shit ton of people, has ever spared so body. it would only make sense if it was you, ethan!" i got up and paced in front of him.

"mackenzie-"
"-don't! i'm not going to be with you if there's lies between us, ethan. there is no way that ghostface was not you. so, please. don't fucking lie to me." the tears in my eyes began to form but I was quickly to hide them within my anger and frustration.

the boy sitting across me was no longer the soft boyfriend of mine that i truly loved, but was now a defeated and guilty looking boyfriend instead who seemed to have the hardest truth he had to spill. my heart was in my stomach at this point, worried sick for what he's about to say. "-no.."

"mackenzie, please listen to me now." he spoke.

"-okay.." i mumbled underneath the fear.

he kept his distance by remaining on the bed, but the look in his eyes wasn't pure evil like the type i've seen on ambers. "um... i-i, yeah. i am ghostface. i saved your life, my sister stabbed you, and my dad faked the evidence."

the truth. the fucking terrifying truth.

"-so you're going to kill my friends and i?" i whispered.