Chapter 4: A Friendly Date

"Seems like your teeth are healing just as expected," Dahyun heard Sana comment while inspecting her mouth. "Do you feel any more discomfort?"

Dahyun opened her eyes when the light in front of her was turned off and was met by the dentist's hazel orbs staring intensely down at her. She fought off the blush that was trying to rise on her pale cheeks by nodding her head.

"My teeth sometimes tingle when I drink iced coffee."

Sana bobbed her head, still maintaining eye contact. For some odd reason, Dahyun wanted to squirm and curl into a ball under her gaze. "That means your teeth are adjusting to the changes from the treatments. It'll be gone in a few days."

"Okay."

As the dentist had instructed three days ago, Dahyun returned to the clinic for her post-treatment checkup. She was thankful that the pain had already disappeared as she didn't have to keep enduring it and putting an ice pack on her cheeks anymore. Now, she got to focus more on her school works lately. Although there's still this uncomfortable feeling when she drinks something hot or cold, she's sure she can manage.

"I still need you to come back here next month for another post-treatment checkup," Dahyun nodded her head again but Sana went on, "Oh and by the way, I forgot to tell you this last time but your right wisdom tooth is partially impacted. Your left one isn't but I'd still recommend you to get at least the impacted one removed, even better if both of them."

Dahyun frowned as her hand flew to her jaw, massaging it and checking if she felt something. "But it doesn't hurt."

"Dahyunie, it might not be hurting right now but it still has the potential to give you pain in the future. It grew at an awkward angle so it can cause infection, cavities, and gum problems and could even affect the healthy tooth beside it. Look, I'm not telling you to have it removed right this instance, whenever you're ready is good. I'm just worried that it'll bother you, considering that you just had some of your molars treated." The Japanese dentist explained softly, a light smile lingering on her lips.

"Alright. This is duly noted, Doc." Dahyun gave her a toothy grin and a thumbs up to which Sana giggled at amusingly.

"Sooo, when are you treating me a meal?" Sana asked, raising an eyebrow with a smirk.

Dahyun froze on her seat and blinked. Her mind had been very preoccupied with her school loads lately that it had slipped from her mind. "Uh..."

"Hey, you promised! Did you forget about it already?" The brunette whined with a pout while poking the Korean's arm.

"Sorry, my brain's been pretty fried recently. But, uh, are you free tonight? Lunch would've been good but I have a class after this." Dahyun let out a chuckle.

Sana nodded her head and giggled enthusiastically. "Tonight it is then! Where are we eating?"

"I still have to think about it."

"You should," Sana replied as she removed the dental bib from Dahyun's neck. "Because I'm considering this as a date, Dahyun."

Dahyun almost choked on her own saliva when she heard this. "A what?"

"A date."

Dahyun stared at her in shock as questions started to invade her mind. Was Sana asking her out on a date? Why would she even consider this as a date? Didn't she just ask for a meal in exchange for her appointment three days ago? I mean, today's just the third time they see each other after years of not.

"A friendly date, right?" She asked slowly.

Sana then noticed how Dahyun's cheeks were turning into a light shade of pink even though the latter was looking at her as if she had just told her something gruesome. Finding the younger woman's reaction cute, she tried her best to stifle another giggle.