Chapter 14: The Art of Assumptions (Part 2)

The instant Dahyun saw Manager Seo's towering build back at the bar, she immediately dropped the conversation she was having with Momo and quickly got into action. The surroundings blurred as her vision tunneled ahead, legs moving faster when he started trailing behind Sana and Mina who were walking away.

Everything happened so fast. One moment she was bolting towards the bar and the next thing she knew she's already giving it her all to intimidate the man despite the stark difference of their sizes. Her protective side took over as she created as much distance between him and the two women as possible. When he asked who she was, her mouth moved before she could even think further.

The reason why Dahyun acted the way that she acted was because this scene had already happened a few times in the past. Weird guys used to bother Mina whenever they were out and Dahyun or Jihyo would have to step in and scare them away. Mina called it a curse and it really was because there would be times when they wouldn't leave her alone despite the interference. That's why before they started dating, Dahyun proposed the idea of pretending to be Mina's girlfriend in order to repel them even more, and it was successful.

After helping Mina settle back down, Dahyun craned her neck to search for light brown hair and furrowed her eyebrows when she saw her subject heading out alone. She didn't even think about saying goodbye to the group as her muscles moved on their own yet again.

As she burst out the doors, her head whipped from side to side until her eyes landed on a silhouette fleeting into the night.

"Unnie, wait!"

Thankfully (big emphasis on that because Dahyun's feet were dying), Sana stopped on her tracks when she heard her voice. Spinning around, a frown adorned her pretty face.

"Dahyun? What are you doing out here?" Sana glimpsed behind the raven-haired girl to check if anyone else followed.

"I should be asking you that. Where are you going all by yourself?" Dahyun stopped in front of Sana, chest heaving from the sudden jog.

"I'm going home," Sana simply answered as her eyes darted to the street in search of a taxi.

"I'll drive you home then."

"I'll just hail a taxi."

"No, I'll drive you home."

Sana scrunched her eyebrows together and clicked her tongue. "Why are you always so insistent?"

"I already told you before," Dahyun started, running a hand through her long dark hair as her lips pursed into a thin line. "I just want to make sure you get home safely. And with what happened back there, I don't trust anyone else to drive you home by yourself."

"Fine, whatever. Let's get this over with so I can fucking rest," Sana replied curtly and hurried to where Dahyun's white sedan was parked. The latter was taken aback by her sudden outburst but quickly recomposed herself.

The silence that filled the car ride was so loud that Dahyun was starting to pick up on the littlest sounds, such as when her hands glided across the leather steering wheel or how Sana's breathing seemed to relax as she stared out the window. There's tension mixed with the silence and it enveloped the two unspeaking women like a thick blanket. But instead of providing them warmth, it specifically gave Dahyun discomfort and uneasiness.

She knew Sana wasn't just tired, something else was bothering her. In contrast to her slow breaths, there's still a noticeable crease between her brows and her overall body language was tense. She hadn't even spared Dahyun a glance since she sat on the passenger seat and kept her eyes locked on the passing night view before her, obviously deep in thought and obviously avoiding any conversation with Dahyun.