Chapter 25. (Aman)

"Krish, where the hell are you? I am already at the airport." I spoke on the phone.

Krish was supposed to pick me up from the airport, mainly because that idiot now lives here. Yup, I am in United Kingdom for my one month special request time period.

Actually, it's more of a trial period, if life of UK suits me, I am planning on shifting Papa, Mummy and Dadi here too.

"Where are you? I am standing - Oh there you are, turn to your left." He said and I turned.

He came crashing down on me and we both were on the floor, laughing. One thing that hasn't changed entirely in these 8 years is our friendship, Vihaan is happily married and we had so much fun on his wedding, Krish is an investor and so into stock markets and I am a database creator.

"So, you here for how many months?" He asked getting my bag into his car.

"Whole one month." I said and he smiled. Krish has changed a lot, he has grown grumpier and doesn't talk too much now. Last time we met in a school get together, and he wasn't talking or laughing or throwing teasing remarks at everyone like he usually does, but he is still that goofball with me, Vihaan and his one more friend, Ishaan.

"How's you business going?" I asked getting into the car.

"It's alright, I am making money but sometimes everything just seems off." He said looking straight ahead.

"Be honest, are you really fine?" I asked him, cause recently his father died and they never had a great relation after his mom's death.

"I will be. So, you staying with me right?" He asked once again in joyous mood.

"Where else would I go?" I said laughing. Then he started telling me about the wonderful places we could go on weekends and clubs and bars and everything.

"Just one thing, my first day is tomorrow." I said.

"Whatttttt?" HE whined.

"We will pakka go on weekends though." I said patting his shoulder and he gave me a side eye.

We entered his apartment, and he directed me to the guest room, he especially rearranged for me, his words not mine.

"You rest and what do you wanna eat?" He asked.

"You will cook?" I asked.

"Duh. No. Take out always." He said and I shook my head.

"Anything would be fine." I said, and started unpacking my things. Once I was done, I called Maa and Papa to let them know that I have arrived safely, was going to call Dadi but decided against that because she might be sleeping.

Dadi is really old now, jolly yes, but not as functional or jumpy as before. Last year she had a surgery for her knee, when she slipped in the kitchen due to excessive water on the floor.

I looked out of the window, the streets looked just like Avni used to describe, classic and dreamy like from a book. Her dream was to work in UK, I hope she is living it now.

Yes, say it if you want but I am still stuck on her, couldn't find anyone like over the span of eight years, and don't plan on finding in the future too. She is a rare piece.

But it still pains, how easily she said that day that it was the deadline and we should go our separate ways. Sure, her not being me, motivated me a lot in my life to do better, to be better, but what if she would have been with me all the time?

Krish's knock broke me out of train of thoughts.

"Dude, dinner is here." He shouted.

"Coming." I answered and went to see his choice of food, yeah, burgers and fries. What else did I expect from him, he has always been a die hard McDonald's fan.

"Drop me tomorrow, I will figure out the way then." I said and he nodded, mouth full with fries.

We both said goodnights, he went into his study as he was a night owl and I went to sleep, jet leg finally kicking in. I didn't get too much sleep, it's an issue now, have trouble falling asleep in a new place.

My slumber was broken by Krish and alarm clock both starting at the same time, Krish banging my door to get me up because he doesn't have faith in me.

"Krish I am up, you don't have to bang the door." I shouted making way to the bathroom, quickly freshened up and got ready, can't afford to be late on the first day. And, I have heard that my boss is Indian, but very strict with timings.

"Dude be fast, I need to sleep after I drop you off." Krish said yawning.

"You were up all night??!!!" I almost shouted.

"Geez, my ears. And, yes." He said with a sheepish smile.

He quickly dropped me off, office wasn't that far from the house, I can travel easily. I made my way inside, curious eyes sweeping up and down, taking me in. I was greeted by the friendly receptionist of the floor who directed me to the boss's, Mr. Radhe cabin.

"Mr. Radhe?" I asked after knocking twice.

"Ah, yes come in, Mr. Sharma." He said gesturing me to sit.

"Nice to meet you Sir, I would like to get started on the project as soon as possible." I said.

"Yes yes, I will call your team mate, I hope you two work well together." He said picking up his intercom.

"Ms. Mishra, in my office please." He said and put it down.

The cabin door opened behind me and a familiar, vanilla and sweet scent hit my nostrils, making me still in my place.

"Yes Boss." She said. If that fragrance wasn't enough, the voice confirmed it.

Avni Mishra.

"Avni, your new partner." Mr. Radhe said gesturing at me.

"Hey, nice to meet - " She stooped abruptly as I slowly turned around, her eyes went wide recognizing me.

"You too." I said with a forced smile.

"Mr. Sharma, you would be working with her, and from her cabin. All the arrangements have been made." Mr. Radhe said, indicating us to exit his cabin, but we both were too shocked to even move an inch now.

If it was possible, she had grown more intoxicating, and beautiful, and hot as hell. Am I imagining things, or her eyes show pain? nope, no pain, but I swear I saw a flicker. Anyways, let's head to my personal hell, her cabin where I would be reminded about her every fucking second of the time I spend here.

They say, slow death is the worst, I am gonna experience just that for this one month, you all might want to wish me luck, just so that I might survive.

Heyyyyy guysssss!!!! I hope you liked it, I really really hope. Well, I used almost all my brain today, with exam preparations and this chapter, so pleasee wish luck to Aman from my side too, he might seriously need it.😉😏❤️

Seee yaaa, byeee, take care and be happy.