Chapter 38. (Avni)

I am not thaattt drunkkkk.

I know we kissed in the rain, but long back dream coming ture but somewhere I felt a tug in my chest, telling me that I am forgetting something.

His lips were moving with so much expertise against mine, and I was totally lost in him. He held from my waist, stabilizing me as I started to wiggle under the pleasure of his lips and pressure of the rain.

"Let's go back now?" He asked, hir forehead reating against mine. I nodded breathless.

I nodded like an obedient child, I was almost sobered up due to rain, but I don't trust my mouth anymore now. He placed his coat around my shoulders and buttoned it up, pulling me closer to himself.

I am sure my cheeks were beetroot red now, and I was feeling a warm sensation in my stomach. He held my hand dragged me to the hotel with him.

Once inside the room, he turned on the heating and stood in front of me.

"What?" I asked, not looking at him.

"Go take a warm shower before you catch cold." He said sternly, all the warmness leaving his voice.

"I will go." I mumbled and went to my suitcase to take out my sleepwear. Closing the door behind me of the bathroom, I took a long breathe trying to calm my racing heart.

"Is he bipolar or something? One moment kissing me and the next moment scolding me." I took a warm shower. It untied the stressed muscles on my back and sobered me up completely, but that's what I needed right now. I was better off slightly drunk because that way, I feel like I have some power, but when I am sobbered up, I feel vulnerable with Aman.

I exited the shower, and Aman went in after me. I sat on the bed texting Aisha and Kaira, as I have several missed calls from them.

AISHA: Avni? You alright? Didn't answer the phone, so I was worried. But what I have to worry about, you are with Aman😉.

KAIRA: Did you die yet? Did he kill you because you kept blabbering?

This girl is only waiting for me to die so she can take up my room and convert it into her in-house gym.

ME: Kaira, I am not dying, forget about your inhouse gyn and Aishu, I am fine and the next time you send that wink emoji, I will hide all your favorite books first thing when I come back.

I shut the phone when I heard the bathroom door open, and Aman steeped out. His hair  wet and towel hanging around his neck. Not gonna lie, but he was looking damn sexy and delicious, especially when his eyes met mine and my breath hitched.

"You still drunk?" He asked, raising an eyebrow.

"Unfortunately, not." I said, clearing my throat and diverting my eyes from his.

He came and sat in front of me, not much distance present between us. I was suddenly growing nervous.

"So, I know you were drunk, but what all thibgs you spoke? Do you really feel like that?" He asked.

No shit sherlock, of course I do.

But instead of answering, I just dropped my head and nodded in tiny. I really don't have the courage to look into his eyes and speak all that again.

"Avni, you never told me anything. I always assumed that after that incident and you shut me off too, I thought you gradually grew to hate me." He spoke, and I instantly looked at him to catch him looking at me.

"I never hated you for sure." I said slowly, and his face was merely inches away from me. He looked at my lips, and I understood the gesture, and my body unconsciously leaned in. As our lips were going to connect, at that exact moment, a sneeze came out of me.

"Achhooo." I sneezed.

Aman instantly got up and handed me the tissue box.

"See, I was telling you get inside the hotel but you wanted to become a fucking rain fairy and spread your arms and absorb all the water right. The result is here now." He scolded again.

I got up and hugged him tightly, to which he melted and put his arms around me too. But wait, I think I am forgetting something.

Darling.

"Wait, we can't be doing this. You have a girlfriend. Your darling?" I asked more like asked.

He started laughing, a full-blown laughter, and I stood there perplexed my mind working at the speed of a bullet train.

"I don't have a girlfriend." He spoke between his laughs.

"Then?" I asked.

"Dadi, I call her darling. You know the condition they helped .e set up that confession date for you, it was that I will go and meet Dadi and Nani both twice every year." He said, softening up and sitting on the end of the bed.

"Oh, so, you go?" I asked, sitting next to him. He nodded with a smile.l and I hummed

"So, what are we now?" He asked.

"I don't know. Maybe give me some time please." I said more like mumbled, and he nodded in understanding.

"Take the medicine and sleep, Avni." He said, and I looked at him.

"I can practically see the wheels of your brain turning with unwanted things." He spoke, providing reason for this previous statement.

"He sure did raise the standards." I mumbled to myself.

"I heard that." He said with a grin.

"Whatever." I said and got inside the blanket, covering myself up to the chin.

"Medicine, Avni." He said.

"No." I said, turning away from him.

"Would you like me to call Aisha and Kaira then?" He asked with a mischievous smile.

"No need, I will take the medicine." I sat up straight and gulped the medication in one go.

Last time, I refused to take medication for my fever, Aisha threw so much drama and Kaira, freaking helped her in everything. I will be damned if I had to take that drama again.

Aman's phone rang, and he went out to talk to someone while I closed my eyes and just tired to relax, but no, my mind was not having me rest a little.

I heard Aman come back in, but I pretended to sleep, but I could feel his presence beside me and his actions too.

He leaned in and kissed my forehead, mumbling, "Goodnight, love." And then I happily drifted off to sleep. I don't know why I was feeling so much relief and happiness, but I felt it was incredible for the first time.

Heyyy guysss!!! Happy reading. Drop a lot of comments, and keep smiling. Byyee and see you soon.😁❤️