Chapter 5

It was finally the day, from where all her problems would end.

She was standing infront of Gray Enterprises and Holdings Inc. with a bright smile on her face. Yes she was nervous but what mattered to her right now was to give her a hundred percent in this job. She was excited as she gazed at the watch on her wrist. There was still five minutes left for the watch to display thirty minutes past seven in the morning.

She took a deep breath as she stepped inside. It was definitely a huge building. She walked towards the receptionist who was busy looking at the files.

"Uhmm! Excuse me! Can you please tell me about my floor? I am new here and today is my first day." She spoke softly as she gazed at her, eagerly waiting for her response.

The receptionist heaved her head up as she checked her out with a snobbish look contouring her features.

"May I know your name?" She asked with arrogance laced in her voice as she once again got busy in her files.

"Inessa Brown!" She hurriedly spoke as she was tapping her fingers on the desk.

"Oh! So you're that new secretary of Mr. Gray. I see." She responded dryly as she was going through her laptop.

"So you need to report at the 40th floor which is the last and top most floor of the company. Rest Ms. Maria will tell you." She added as she ignored her presence.

"Thanks!" Inessa replied as she turned on her heels, sauntering towards the elevator.

The elevator's bell chimed and doors got open as she stepped inside it but before it could close, somebody else entered inside too.

"Oh Mr. Stephen! Good morning sir!" She wished him with a bright smile on her face as he pressed his floor button.

"Oh good morning Ms. Brown! And Ms. Brown, what did I tell you yesterday?" He asked in a stern voice as she got a little nervous.

"Wh-what sir?" She stuttered badly as her palms became clammy and her breath got stuck.

"Well you don't need to call me sir, did you forget it already?" He chuckled as he saw her being a little nervous.

"Oh! Right, sorry sir- I mean Mr. Stephen." She chuckled awkwardly as she tried to mask her jittery self.

"That's better Ms. Brown." He responded as she chuckled once more.

"Mr. Stephen, you can call me by my name Inessa or Ness. It wouldn't be good if I call you by your name and you call me by my surname." She added as they both giggled lightly.

"Today is your first day and you're on time, that's great because Mr. Gray doesn't like anyone to be late in his company." He told her as Inessa took a note mentally of never being late.

"Yes sir! I wouldn't like to get late on important days!" She responded as he nodded his head.

"Since Inessa, you are new here and you don't have any experience in this field, I would ask Ms. Maria to guide you." He suggested as he gazed at her, making her nod her head in agreement.

"Yes that would be much better and thank you so much si- I mean Mr. Stephen!" She instantly corrected herself as she realised what she was going to call him.

"My cabin is on the 38th floor, if you need anything, you can come here without any hesitation." He comforted her while she said okay to him.

"But as I can see, it's your first day so I will introduce you to everyone as it can help you a little bit to adjust yourself in the new environment." He added as he looked forward.