Lotus Pond

The sky is filled with grey clouds as she tumbles towards her home, the people around her have the expression of disgust and maneuver around to avoid getting near. She is oblivious to all of this as all she hears is ringing in her ears and soon her vision start to blur, time slows as if suddenly with a snap of someone's finger then resumes. The sun slowly goes away as the moon rises, she is still out on the streets as the afternoon turns into a chilly night. Soon as the moon feels her pain, the sky starts to weep drenching her fully and she allows herself to also let go of those tears that she held in. Finding a park she rests on a bench as her mind runs wild replaying those painful memories over and over again.

Trust had been a difficult task due to the previous scars that were in her heart yet she believed that as long as she tried, someday someone would come and heal the girl with a broken past. She resumes her walk ending up at the edge of that lotus pond where a couple had once promised eternal love. She lets out a scream so loud with the vibrant colors of her sorrow dropping to her knees. How could things have come to this? When did it all change? Were the questions that run through her mind, looking up at the weeping sky she realizes what she must do, reaching into her dress sleeve she pulls out the small box. She was never able to understand how he could hurt her so much when there once was a time when he would do anything to protect her. This pond had brought a beginning now it was time to end this story, taking a deep breath entering the pond until it reached her waist slowly she opens the box.

Inside were those lotus petals that he had promised to plant in this very pond so as to keep it as a sign of his love for her, and just as so when his love left so did the pond's remaining lotus flowers. Gently she grabbed a handful slowly letting them fall escaping with the wind and into the pond she repeated this action until she was left with an empty box. Slowly she retreated from the pond but each step was slow as if she was being pulled down by the memories that begged her not to leave. One last turn at the pond then she is on her way to a new start, never did she imagine that the person she was crying for was nearby hiding so as not to be seen.

He downs one cup of wine after another, in hopes that she will be erased from his memory soon the table is full of wine jars and he continues to try to drown his pains. He never wished to hurt her, all he wanted was for her to continue living her life without any worries, little too late did her realize all his actions only caused her sorrow and agony. He allowed himself to be manipulated by the words of others, then to trust those who he knew since he was a child. Life had not placed an easy task when re realized that his own selfishness caused his father's death and hurt the one he wished to protect even if it cost him his life.

So many things that he didn't know until it was too late, his memories are drowned by the constant flashbacks. He heads to the place where his story began at that lotus pond where he promised to make her his bride and live together. He stumbles through the streets up the mountain, as he gets closer he hears her scream and sobs that break his already broken heart into more pieces as he sees who it's from. He watches her until she leaves yearning to go after her, tell her everything, confess, and fix things but he knows that the risk is to great if he did.