IX

I hate this chapter and the next one, but I hope you guys like it.

"Let's go clubbing tonight!" Dazai shouted as he walked through the door with a bottle of whisky in hand, and was obviously drunk. "We haven't done something as a team in a while."

"Why the hell would we go clubbing?" I grimaced in disgust as the strong scent of alcohol invaded my nostrils. "We have Kenji and Kyouka. They're too young."

After finding out everything about my father and my psycho terrorist half brother, I wasn't really in the mood for clubbing. It didn't make it better that Chuuya was sent on a mission away from Yokohama and wasn't scheduled to be home for another week.

"She's right, Dazai." Yosano politely agreed.

It was almost time for our shifts to end at five o'clock, and Dazai just now showed up, a whole ten hours late for work. He must be on a bender or something, maybe a mental episode. He has plenty of those.

"Yeah yeah yeah." Dazai slurred and slumped in a chair beside Atsushi. "I'm talking about just us adults. We can do something with the kids another day."

The office went silent as we all considered. Even Kunikida was considering while seething towards Dazai's drunken state. Dazai was right, the office hasn't gone out in an eternity and we have had a very stressful week regarding missions and what not.

"You should go!" Kenji chirped loudly. Kyouka shook her as if to agree, as she munched on the mountain of tofu in front of her.

"Are you guys sure?" Atsushi questioned softly.

"Me and Kyouka can find something to do together in the meantime!" Kenji and Kyouka looked at each other mischievously. No doubt planning a ravenous feast through telepathy.

"Fuck it. Let's go then." Yosano shot from her desk and grabbed her purse, ready to get the fuck outta here.

While everybody was agreeing and getting ready I was looking suspiciously at drunk Dazai who was maliciously smirking with a dark stare. Something told me he was up to something and I was convinced that I was the one that needed to stop it, therefore I needed to go clubbing. So I as well as everybody else got up from my desk and grabbed my things. Ready to leave today's work behind.

— — —

Yosano and I got ready together. She had her hair pinned back with her butterfly pin and a sharp smokey eye look. Her dress was phenomenal, it was the perfect shade of purplish-red to match with her eyes, it was mid length and showed a generous amount of boob. I on the other hand was wearing a short black dress that just barely covered my fat ass and my breasts; my hair was slightly teased and curled; my eyes looking sharp thanks to the siren liner that Yosano so kindly did for me and my lips looking exceptionally plump, and the perfect shade of cherry red.

Even though Chuuya and I were semi-dating, we never really talked about it, I wouldn't let that shit define the way I dressed and acted. If Chuuya wanted me he would have to accept the fact that sometimes I dress like a whore. It didn't change anything about me except for my appearance. Plus he wasn't even going to be here tonight, so he didn't have to know.

Yosano and I were escorted through the doors by two bodyguards at each of our sides, even though we didn't need them. Even from the outside you could hear the music and the heat of bodies dancing like there was no tomorrow.

We stared at each other with surprise, neither of us had been to this club before but we were taken by shocking surprise. When we entered the flashing lights blinded us, colours of purple and red shone over everyone. People crowded the bars, bartenders rushed to fulfil the customers wishes; strippers were dancing their hearts out on three different stages; people crowded and danced with each other on the dancefloor; on the upper levels people looked down with drinks in their hands, some watching the strippers a little too close for comfort.