2

Inna walked through the school halls, her backpack slung over her shoulder. As she made her way to her locker, she could hear the snickers and whispers from her classmates.

"Look at her, she's so fat."

"I heard she's failing math again."

"She's such a loser."

Inna tried to ignore the taunts and jeers, but it was hard. She had always been the target of bullies, both in school and at home. It seemed like no matter what she did, she was never good enough.

She opened her locker and grabbed her books, feeling a pang of sadness as she saw the picture of her family taped to the inside. She missed her father, who worked abroad to support the family. He was the only one who believed in her dreams.

As she walked to her first class, she spotted her two younger sisters, huddled together and laughing. Inna knew they were talking about her, but she didn't say anything. She didn't want to give them the satisfaction.

Class dragged on, and Inna struggled to stay focused. She was a good student, but her lack of confidence held her back. She couldn't shake the feeling that she wasn't good enough.

After school, Inna headed to her martial arts class. It was the one thing that made her feel strong and empowered. She threw punches and kicks, feeling the weight of the world fall away. She sat looking her hands where bandage was and now it was sprinkled with small red dots of her blood, her knuckles were injured due to her mindless punching, there is something in this as she look at the sand bag, that she felt relief like she get to release her anger on it and with anger gone she felt new sense of encouragement to keep striving, deep within these thoughts she looked at the clock and the reality of her life came crashing back. She had to rush home to take care of her sisters, who always seemed to get into trouble. Inna was the one who had to clean up their messes, even though she had her own problems to deal with.

With hurting hands she packed her things and washed her hands getting rid of the blood watching it drain down like her she fell sometimes life draining down of her body.