Dan Heng

- female! reader
- word count: 1733

Dan Heng's eyebrows furrowed tightly, listening to you crying. There he was, outside of your room door with his arms crossed, one hand digging its nails into his skin. He tapped his foot lightly to the floor when he heard you whine behind the door, accompanied by March's words of comfort.

He could only imagine the pain you're in. Muscles in your uterus contracting, he would never experience. Not that he wanted to.

He turned away from the room seconds before March emerged from it. "Dan Heng! Hurry and get the chocolate! She's dying!"

The said boy freezes, then slowly turns to the girl, an indescribable look painted. She's dying? Where do we keep the chocolate? Which chocolate? How would chocolate cure her? No, March is wrong. Chocolate can't be good for the sick. I mean, it tastes good. But it can't be healthy! Is having a period considered being sick? Wait! Shouldn't someone...

"Shouldn't someone be with her right now?"

"Yeaaahh, duhh! That's why I'm sending you to get the cure!" March shuts the door behind her, a precaution so as to not let you hear their bickering.

"No way chocolate can be good for her," Dan Heng says simply, his arms crossed. March lets out an exaggerated groan.

"Not normal chocolate, dark chocolate!"

"What??"

"Ughhh! Do you even care? Dark chocolate is the healthiest chocolate ever!"

"I do care!—"

"Yeah, we'll I love her!"

"—even more of a reason I should stay—what?" Dan Heng pauses, only now registering her interruption.

March gives him an angry pout before running a hand through her hair and running off. "Nevermind! I, shall play the part of the eldest!" The boy grits his teeth. She didn't really realize the impact her words had made.

"I'm way older than you!" He can only shout. Even with his volume, she didn't catch it, she was already gone.

Dan Heng is left alone in that hallway. He looks back at the room you're occupied in. Does he go in? March said she'd take care of you. He probably wouldn't be able to help, that gender difference in place. He wants so bad to see you.

His legs feel so heavy after taking just one step to the room, and he halts. You're in there suffering alone from something he's completely unfamiliar with. He just wants to be there for you, but here he is, unable to even walk up to the door separating the two of you.

He'd like to wipe your tears from the cries he had heard earlier, then again, the sound ceased. Knowing that, knowing the possibility that you may be just peacefully asleep, that was enough for him to walk away.

Did you think he'd come to your room? And then what? Watch you sleep?? Um, no. He's not creepy like that.

Dan Heng was in the kitchen, cooking obviously. He stayed there for a while, mixing salt into the sauce he'd prepared, not without making a glance to your room. He could just check up on you, right?

And that was when he felt liquid dribbling down his finger. He turned to his hands to see that he had tilted the small bowl too much to its side, that the mixture had leaked onto the counter.

Ripping a piece of paper towel off the roll, he began wiping the counter of the spill. When finished, he began over again, re-adding ingredients and mixing an adequate bit of salt.