Gepard

- female! reader
- word count: 575

"Gepard...?"

"(Y/n)!" The man perks up, as he watches you appear from the opening doors of the Astral Express. It seems as if he was waiting for you.

"What are you doing here?" You ask, stepping down the ginormous train, heading over to your (quite tall) friend.

Gepard lights up when he rushes over to you, grabbing your hand and helping you down the steps. "You texted me that you were visiting so I... decided to greet you... but don't worry! I was on patrol out here anyway!" His eyes met your curious ones before he looked away, hoping you didn't notice the red dusting his features.

But you did.

When you stepped onto the cold below, you sunk a bit into the snow, some of the soft ice leaking through your shoes. "Are you chilly?" You ask.

"No, why? Are my hands too cold?" He worriedly released you from his grip on your hand. "No... it's not that. It's just... your face is flushed red. Could it be the temperature out here?"

He darkened into a deeper shade of red, some dusting his ears. He covers his face with his hands, attempting to cover the blush. You smile a small one, barely noticeable, going over to him, he moves his fingers a bit in order to peek at you through.

You knew exactly what you were doing.

Grabbing his hands, you pulled them away from his face gently. Slowly his shy gaze creeps over to your face, before going to your hands that had grabbed his, and ushering you on, "—No! You must be cold! I think it'll be best if we head to Belobog before you freeze over!"

You let out a peep when he begins pulling you along and he looks back at your surprise.

!!

He loosens his grip, moving to your side with a hand on your shoulder and the other on your back.

"I'm sorry" he muttered focusing his eyes on his hold on you when you looked back at him curiously. "I didn't mean to pull on you so harshly..."

Your small smile grows a bit bigger, more noticeable to him when he finally looks at you and you lay a hand over his on your shoulder. "It's alright," you say wrapping your fingers around his cold, gloved, hand. "It didn't hurt." Lifting his hand over to your face you plant a minuscule kiss over his knuckles, prior to bringing his hand up to your cheek. His hand automatically caressed it, thumb brushing over the soft skin. You hum, "turns out you are warm," with a teasing twinkle.

He's dazed and nods to you, not even registering what he's agreeing to.

You tsk'd playfully, knowing the effect you had on him. "Let's go?" Pulling him lightly by the hand was enough to get the boy moving.

"...yeah," he says softly, still focused on how you seemed to guide him through his trance, a trance that you'd likely witness if you met with the sun after staying in a cold room.

He followed you compliantly, the tug of your warm hand on his wrist and the small sly grin he could catch when you turned back to him—just to make sure he wasn't left behind—it made him notice something: You were his sun. Despite the cold. The snow didn't seem too bitter anymore, not with you practically melting it, melting his heart.