A Lil' Help.

What felt like hours traversing around the city of Larkspur, Hekima concluded that she was hopelessly and utterly lost.

She let out a yell of frustration, thankful the city's streets were hollowed of its people, and that only her and the light of the street lamps were seen.

"What I thought to be an easy hunt, turned out to be the job for the Ancient Hunter." She muttered to herself, the sound of her own voice loud in her ears.

She stopped to rest by the ledge of a bridge, leaning herself against it with a loud sigh. "I wonder how's Balthazar holding up," she mused aloud. I bet he isn't even lost! "Ugh. How does he do it?"

"If I were Balthazar, what would I do---no, no, what would I even say?" She thought, pushing herself back up and continuing her walk across the bridge. "If I were Balthazar, what would I say?"

"Miss me already?" A voice of accurate imitation inquired.

"No---I mean, yes, that's definitely how he'll say it, but I need something helpful.." Hekima continued.

"You're hopelessly and utterly lost, aren't you?" The imitation added, a smile prominent in their voice.

The lady stopped abruptly in her step. "You're not an internal Balthazar voice, are you." Hekima remarked, though not as a question.

She turned to see a familiar young man standing nonchalantly atop the bridge's ledge. His dark hair pulled back into a loose ponytail, and amber eyes prominent amid the darkness; watching Hekima with acute observation. And he was smiling, as always.

"Damn, how do you do it." Hekima said, resting a hand on her hip as she tilted her head up at the young man.

"Better than you, appearently." Balthazar remarked, now grinning wryly at her that Hekima had to stifle herself from rolling her eyes.

"Ugh." The lady uttered as she continued her walking, walking away from the nuisance that was her fiancé. "I thought you said you were scouting the city." She called after.

Balthazar placidly followed suit. "Already finished. And I think I know where your Paintbrush might be." And in response to her perplexed look, he added; "Got a lil' help."

And just as he had said that, Hekima became aware of the sound of rustles, and the humming of a bird's wings---to which she looked up and was left agaped to find a mass of dark birds, staring down at her from the telephone wires with similar acute observation.

Then Balthazar snapped her out of her gawk at the birds by jumping down from the ledge, laughing at her as he continued onward.

"So that's how you did it." She said absently as she felt herself moving forward, tilting her head farther back to keep eyeing on the birds with awe. "You could've just said so."