Um, hello?

NATSU'S POV:

Glasses filled with booze clinked together as I looked out at the guild to see smiling faces having a good time. I sat at the bar, alone, watching as everyone exchanged hugs and "Happy Birthdays" with Lucy.... My girlfriend. A couple of times, Gray came over and sat with me. Not to cheer me up, but only to tell me I was being a dickhead and to lighten up. Lucy looked over at me a couple times and made some attempts to come over to me, but they all backfired. Considering EVERY GIRL in the guild was formed in a circle barrier around her as if she was some celebrity, made it pretty hard. Tch. I mean it didn't bother me or anything you know? Not getting any attention from your girlfriend at her birthday party... heh... I'm fine...

-

OK BIG LIE,

I wasn't fine.

I slammed my drink on the table and rubbed my forehead. "Damn." I tensed my muscles and stood up. "N-Natsu~San?" Wendy walked up to me with her hands at her side. "Are you ok?" I patted her head. She was the only one who noticed me. "Y-Yeah, Wendy." I said rubbing the back of my head. "I'm cool. Thanks." I forced a slight smile and sat back down. Wendy smiled back and rushed over to Charle and Happy.

LUCY'S POV:

"Thank you! Arigato! Oh my gosh you did not! Aw I love you! Aw, I love it!" Is all I ended up saying for 2 hours. The gifts & the love never stopped! I personally wanted to spend the day with Natsu. I was looking forward to him taking me shopping, trying on silly outfits, and us buying whatever the hell we wanted. But Mira and Levy decided it was a good idea to have a birthday party at the guild...again... Don't get me wrong, its totally sweet and all, but all I could think of the whole time was Natsu sitting in the corner of the guild bar and drinking himself away, alone. Alone. I tried shutting it out and the few attempts I made to go over to him were interrupted by more guild members. I didn't really know what to do? Maybe just let go of this birthday and wait for the next? Sigh...

AUTHOR'S NOTES:

Ohayo Minna!

I swear I am in love with writing this fanfiction already... Is that weird? Please read and comment below how you liked it!