Staaawp! I coulda dropped my Croissant! 🥐

A/N

Sorry for that cliff hanger but here is the rest, love y'all!

     -Author

———

It was warm, but not a comforting warmth. More of a sweltering heat, the ugly kind.

I had just been transferred classes, again. Same course just different room.

I walked into the class room to see some guy passed out on his desk, there were other people but he just seemed so much more interesting. His unkempt purple hair stuck out in multiple directions but his face was concealed by his arms as he slept on his desk. There was an empty seat behind him and when class started, no one seemed to want to be near him.

I sat behind his window seat and about half way through the class, the teacher announced a pop quiz. I panicked, I pulled my books out as he gave us 5 minutes to study.

My gaze caught on the purple hair in front of me, still comatose. He's not going to have any time to study before the quiz. I leaned over my books to tap his shoulder with my pencil, he didn't move.

I eventually tugged on the back of his school uniform, he groaned and his head rolled to the side, peering up at the light coming through the window to his left.

I leaned forwards and spoke in a hushed tone as to not attract any attention, "You have five minutes, grab your books"

He whipped his head around to face me and I was met with purple eyes, as well as some deep eye bags. The dude looked like he had never even heard of sleep, let alone melatonin.

But I couldn't really say anything, my hair was dyed a violent orange to combat the baby blue horns that adorned the sides of my head. It hung in-front of my face, I could see that the dye was fading but it didn't really matter.

It was retuning to its original dark grey state, but I was just going to dye it again.

The guy seemed startled by me, however it soon cleared to a sense of relief, I could feel it, he wasn't a bad person. He had a calm aura, that of a house cat. I put on what I hoped was a smile and looked back down at my books as I re-read the same paragraph 3 times in a row.

He turned back around to pull a thick book out of his bag and he began scanning the pages, the book didn't look like the normal texts books they gave out at the school. The notes he was studying we're hand-written. However the corners of the pages were slightly worn so it was clear that these weren't new notes. I wonder where he got them?

"Textbooks away! No phones, electronics, just please stay quiet." The teacher groaned as he handed out the quiz papers.

I pulled a pencil out of my bag and quickly started filling in answers. A few minutes into the quiz, and I was only halfway through it, but the messy-haired guy just stood up and turned in his test before grabbing his stuff and sauntering out of the classroom.

Wait- WHAT??

Dude just up-and walks out!??

I hurrily filled in the rest of the answers and decided to follow him. I asked the teacher for the bathroom pass but I left it outside the door when I was out of his line of sight.

Using a feature of my quirk, I reached out with my mind to try and feel for his presence, I was walking through the halls at the same time however I was caught off guard when I felt it snag on something.

This wasn't like other people's subconscious. I could see it clearly in my head but I couldn't access it. Like the calm purring surrounding the source was a sort of cage. He was mentally strong, which normally isn't very common anymore due to the egotistical society.