CHAPTER 20

EDITED

Narcissa stood in the dimly lit room, her expression heavy with sorrow and eyes filled with unshed tears. Mila and Sirius sat on either side of her, unaware of the terrible news that was about to shatter their world.

"Mila, Sirius," Narcissa began, her voice quivering with emotion. "I have something... something I need to tell you."

Mila looked up, her eyes locking with Narcissa's, sensing the gravity of the moment. Sensing the shift in the atmosphere, Sirius glanced at his cousin, a mixture of concern and apprehension etched across his face.

"What is it, Cissy?" Mila's voice wavered, a knot forming in her stomach.

Narcissa took a deep breath, her voice barely above a whisper. "It's Regulus... He's... he's gone."

The words hung heavily in the air, sinking into the hearts of Mila and Sirius like sharp shards of ice. Time seemed to stand still as the weight of the news settled upon them.

Mila's hands trembled, her eyes filling with tears she fought to hold back. Her voice cracked as she uttered her brother's name, "Regulus... No, it can't be."

Overcome by disbelief and grief, Sirius felt the world crumble around him. His breath caught in his throat, and he clutched his chest as if trying to steady himself. "Regulus... he can't be gone," he muttered, his voice filled with anguish.

Narcissa reached out, her trembling hand finding Mila's, seeking solace and strength in their shared bond. "I'm so sorry," she whispered, her voice choked with sorrow. "He... he sacrificed himself. He stood against Voldemort and paid the ultimate price."

Mila's tears spilled freely now, her body shaking with grief. "Why, Cissy? Why did he have to...?" Her voice trailed off, lost in a sea of pain and unanswered questions.

Sirius, his face contorted with anguish, clenched his fists, his emotions threatening to consume him. "Regulus... my little brother," he whispered, his voice filled with devastation and regret. "I should have protected him."

Narcissa, her own tears streaming down her face, shook her head. "No, Sirius. It was his choice, his way of finding redemption. He wanted to make things right, to save others from the darkness."

The room fell into a heavy silence, broken only by the sound of sorrowful sobs. Mila and Sirius clung to each other, finding solace in their shared pain, their hearts shattered by the loss of their beloved brother.

At that moment, their world shifted, forever marked by the absence of Regulus. The grief enveloped them, leaving behind an ache that would take time to heal. Together, they would carry the memory of Regulus, honouring his sacrifice and cherishing the love they shared as a family.

As they wept, wrapped in each other's arms, Narcissa remained by their side, offering silent support. The pain of loss united them, and they vowed to carry Regulus' memory in their hearts, forever bound by the love they shared as cousins and siblings.

---

His face contorted with rage and fury, Voldemort paced back and forth in his study. His plans had been disrupted, and his trust shattered. News of Regulus Black's betrayal had reached him, and the revelation burned through him like a searing flame.

"How could he?" Voldemort muttered, his voice dripping with venomous anger. "Regulus, my loyal servant... how could he dare turn against me?"

In the dimly lit room, the air thick with tension, a mirror stood on a table. It was an enchanted mirror, one that held the power to reveal the truth. Voldemort stared into it, his eyes blazing with a mix of fury and curiosity, desperate to confirm the unsettling news he had received.