[ 17 ]

"What?!"

"You have to train-"

"I said I don't want to be involved!" Chan cut off Felix, intending to stand his ground.

His loud outburst echoing around the empty underground space, drawing all the attention towards them. Chan scowled and began climbing back into the van.

Felix reached out to grab his arm. "You have to know how to defend yourself."

"Remember, people know you are involved with us somehow. I'm not having you get hurt." Chan took a step down, hearing the concern that lathered his boyfriend's words, but he didn't feel like giving up.

He shrugged his hand off aggressively.

"I am not touching a filthy gun," he spat, voice dripping with spite and disgust. Felix frowned, taken aback by the rotten tone. Chan had never spoken to him in such a way, it hurt. Chan regretted what he had said instantly. 

"You don't have to," the ginger's voice softened, hoping Chan's temper would defuse. "Just learn how to hold a good fight. Black Shag aren't rookies, they've been in this business for a good ten years, they don't fuck around."

Chan narrowed his eyes. He could feel the others watching them curiously, their gazes burning holes in the back of his head. Giving in, he dropped his shoulders and relaxed.

"Fine," slipped from his plump lips, causing Felix's face to break into a grin.

"Next time, let me finish what I was saying." 

Felix moved back to the others, placing a comforting palm on the his boyfriend's shoulder as he passed. "Love you," he whispered, making Chan smile.

"I know."

Felix clapped his hands together, instantly commanding the attention of everyone in the room. All heads turned to face him, curiosity sparking in their eyes. "Changbin, you're gonna go now to the safe house. Scope it out and set it up."

The boy looked up, his attention fully consumed by the fishy-smelling kimbap he was munching on.

"What?" he mumbled, in between mouthfuls. Felix ignored him and addressed the others. 

"I need someone else to go with him..." 

He pondered briefly.

"Seungmin!"

Seungmin's name echoed through the air, prompting an exasperated grumble from him. "Why me?" he whined, dragging out the words as if they weighed a ton. Changbin, his mouth filled with rice and seaweed, rolled his eyes dramatically. "'Ook, I don wan you to come eifer."

Seungmin shot him an annoyed scowl, while Chan looked on in confusion. What was the deal between these two?

"I thought you said we would go after sundown," recalled Seungmin, trying to sidestep his boss. Fuck working with Changbin. The very thought of it made his skin crawl. Felix took a breath, inhaling the musty air laden with the aroma of kimbap. "Just call me when you get there."

With that, he spun on his heels, not wanting to drag the conversation any further. Seungmin let out another loud and prolonged groan and scowled at Changbin, "Hurry the fuck up then."