Chapter Thirty-Six

Violet's POV;

Sitting on the couch with Harry as we watch movies almost seems natural.
Like we've been doing this for years.

I forgot how peaceful it is just to be in his presence.

Laying here in his arms under a blanket as his favorite romcoms play on the TV, I realize that there is no where else I'd rather be, and I have no clue how I went so long without him.

Just a few days of us working on being okay again and we've already fallen back into the same rhythm we were in. Right now I don't feel like Violet Evans, and he doesn't seem like Harry Styles.

Right now, we're just Violet and Harry.

His flower, and my sunshine.

"What're you thinking about?" He asks rubbing my arm.

"Nothing." I say simply as I smile up to him.

He raises an eyebrow and I sigh.

Sometimes it's scary, how easily he can see right through me.

"I'm just happy, being like this with you has always been one of my favorite things to do." I say and he smiles warmly.

"Me too, I could lay like this for the rest of eternity and still not want to get up." He says pulling me closer to him.

"Always so dramatic." I say with a laugh.

"You make me this way." He says pinching my cheek.

"Is that a good thing?" I ask.

"If it's wrong, then I hate being right." He says with a grin.

"Cheesy." I say and he laughs.

"Only for you."

I smile and roll onto my other side to finish watching the movie.

As the end credits roll, he sits up and mutes the TV.

"I think we should have a conversation about how we want this to work." He says and I sit up to face him properly.

"Alright, where do you want to start?" I ask.

"Well for starters, even though we haven't made anything official, I want us to be dedicated to just each other." He says and I smile.

"That's a strange way to say you want to be exclusive, but I agree." I say making him chuckle.

"I want us to be together, fully, but I want to take our time and go slow with this. I don't want it to end up like last time." He says and I nod.

"To make sure that doesn't happen again, I've completely cut contact with all of my mutual friends Kendall and I share. And I intend on telling you any time I hang out with or around another girl so that you know what's happening at all times." He adds.

"And I promise to not run away like last time, I'll be better at communicating." I say holding my pinky out.

He smiles and loops his pinky through mine and stamping our thumbs together.

"I'm also planning on looking into dates that seclude us from the watching eye, but aren't in my living room. I want you to feel special." He says practically making me melt.

"I already feel special. Just being here with you is enough, I don't need all of the big gestures." I say and he shakes his head.

"A girl like you deserves to be taken out, and to be spoiled. Not to just sit on my sofa watching movies all day, and calling it a date." He says.