• Prologue - Page One •

The sky a radiant blue, gradually fading. Warm, vibrant reds pushing its way into frame. It felt as if the sun had a plug pulled out as the temperature quickly dropped. The warm colors took over the sky, appearing as a clean gradient from a vibrant orange to a muted pink.
The breeze felt good on her arms. It would be nice if everyday felt like a sunset.

She watched from her open window as the sun slowly sunk into the ground, wishing she was out in the world.

Nothing was stopping her from doing so.

     Yet she felt held back. Her gut screaming at her, sensing terrible consequences.

     "What's the worst that could happen?" She thought. "I'm only going to the park." Reassuring herself, she took a deep breath, filling her lungs, then releasing.
     She smiled. She hasn't been to the park in awhile. Last time she went was during the winter, and it was currently autumn.

     She closed her window and took off.

•••

     When she arrived at her destination, she located a bench nearby and sat. Taking in the breeze, leaves traveling in the air around her. Her eyes began to scan the park, mainly looking for a tree.
     There were many trees, but she was looking for one tree in particular.

     Her eyes paused after the tree came into sight.

     She lifted herself off the bench and wandered over to her favorite tree, the tallest in the park.

     "Maybe if I climb it I'll get a better view of the park."

1