4

" 'This is amazing, but I must go before I'm late!', Nightmare said as she wobbled away from the beach. She saw a small town and went towards it. Walking on the sidewalk, she saw a lovely bunny family walking home while their daughter happily ate her vanilla ice cream. On the other side of the road, she saw a happy sheep proposing to his girlfriend. Nightmare smiled and aww-ed. She then saw a restaurant named 'Umami Fusion Kitchen'. Nightmare looked through the window and saw Swad. She went to the front door and told the waitress that she was going to the table with her date, Swad. She walked to Swad and said, 'I'm here!' as she sat on the seat. 'Oh, you're actually here. I didn't think you would come,' Swad said, scratching his head awkwardly. 'I would never leave you hanging, hehe,' she replied as she looked at the menu. Swad did the same, and a waitress came to them. 'I will get water,' Swad said to the waitress as she wrote it down. Nightmare looked at the waitress and said, 'I will get water with lemon in it,' as the waitress wrote it down and left." "Swad, how was your day?" he asked, starting a conversation. "Oh, it was great as usual," she said, blushing slightly because she was nervous. "Do you have any siblings?" he said, smiling at her. "Only one sister, but she's living with her boyfriend," Nightmare said, twirling her hair. "Oh, that's nice. What about your parents?" he said curiously. "Just a mom and a dad. They don't get along that much anymore," she said, looking down sadly. "Oh, sorry to hear about that," he said, frowning. Nightmare decided to lighten the mood. "It's such a beautiful night tonight, isn't it?" she said, looking at Swad. "Yes, it is. And I'm really enjoying spending time with you," Swad said. Nightmare smiled happily at his comment, though she decided to tell Swad her secret. "Me too. You know, there's something I wanted to tell you. I'm not exactly human. I'm actually a mermaid," she said as Swad became shocked. "Really? That's...interesting. I've never met a mermaid before," he said, smiling and scratching his head. "I know it's a lot to take in. But I wanted to be upfront with you about who I am," Nightmare said. Swad nodded at Nightmare. "I appreciate that, Nightmare. And I don't have a problem with you being a mermaid. In fact, I find it fascinating," he said. Nightmare smiled at him. "That's great to hear. And there's something else I should tell you. My father is the king of the mermaids, and he's very protective of me. He doesn't know about us yet," she said, sweating. "I see. Well, we can take things slow. I don't want to cause any trouble with your father," he said, patting her head. "Thank you, Swad. You're so understanding. I'm really glad I met you," she said, smiling and kissing his hand. "I'm glad I met you too, Nightmare. And who knows, maybe our relationship will overcome any obstacles that come our way," Swad said. Nightmare looked at Swad. "I hope so. I really do."
The waitress came back with their drinks and gave them to Swad and Nightmare. "Thank you," they both said. "Are you ready to order?" the waitress asked. "Yes, I think I'll go for the beef bulgogi," Swad said, as the waitress wrote it down. "I will get the chicken teriyaki. Oh, and can we get edamame and shrimp tempura?" Nightmare said, as the waitress wrote it down and left. "Nightmare, how do you swim for so long without getting tired?" Swad asked awkwardly. "I don't know. I've always been a mermaid," she said, smiling. "What's it like living underwater? Do you miss the land?" he asked. "I love the ocean, but sometimes I do miss the land. It's a different world down here," Nightmare frowned. The waitress was back with their food and gave it to them. "Wow, our food is here. I can't wait to try this beef bulgogi," Swad said happily, watching. "Yeah, and my chicken teriyaki looks amazing too," she said, trying Swad's shrimp. "How's the edamame and shrimp tempura?" Swad said curiously. "Delicious, you should try some," Nightmare said. Swad took a bite"Mmm, that's really good. I'm glad we ordered this." He said