2

Nightmare woke up with a yawn. It was morning, and she swam out of her home to catch her own food. Her mom never bothered to make breakfast anymore like she used to. Nightmare caught a tiny fish and ate it, exclaiming "Mmm, yummy!" As she felt motion in the water, she poked her head out to see people swimming. She went back underwater and swam near them, admiring them all but not finding any that interested her until she saw Swad swimming in his shorts. He was very hot and handsome, and his wings looked big. She swam up to him and slightly spooked him. "Oh, I'm sorry if I spooked you," Nightmare said worriedly. "It's okay, but anyway, who are you and where did you come from?" he asked, realizing she wasn't from the village. "Oh, I'm from Aquanova," Nightmare said, smiling. "Is that like somewhere from New Hampshire?" Swad asked, tilting his head in confusion. "I guess so," Nightmare said, confused. She was about to say something when Blue interrupted her. "Cannonball!" he shouted, jumping into the water and splashing everyone. "Ahhhhh! Blue, you motherfu-" Before Swad could finish his words, Nightmare pushed him into the water with her since she didn't understand Blue did not literally mean an actual cannonball. Swad was drowning because of Nightmare literally holding him down. Blue was looking for Swad, saying "Hey, where did Swad go?" He looked worried and began searching for him. Nightmare looked at Swad, admiring his beauty, but then remembered that he couldn't breathe underwater. She lifted him up, and Swad coughed and looked at Nightmare, saying "What the heck was that for?" He was upset and flustered. "He said 'cannonball,' and I wanted to protect you from the cannonball," she said, confused about why he was so angry. "He wasn't being for real! It was not a real cannonball!" he explained to Nightmare like a child. "Ohhh," she said, scratching her head. "Oh, there you are, Swad. You had me worried. And who is this foxy mama?" Blue said. Nightmare stared blankly at Blue. "Oh well, I never got her name. Let me ask her," he said, looking at Nightmare. "Hi, I'm Swad, and that man is Blue. What's your name?" he said, shaking Nightmare's hand. "I'm Nightmare," she said.