The Mission

Atsushi POV.

I was ordered by Dazai-San to go on another mission with Akutagawa. The Port Mafia Member with whom I've been working with for a few months now. The annoying man that is constantly trying to kill me. Yet Dazai still wants me to work with him.

This time the Mission is to get information from another Mafia's base. I don't even know why I'm here when the agency has nothing to do with it. Dazai just told me it would be better for the both of us (Akutagawa and me) to work together on this, since there are strong ability users in that organisation.

So now I'm walking next to Akutagawa in silence. An uncomfortable Silence. He stares at me occasionally and when I try to smile he looks away and rolls his eyes or scoffs. He really hates me, It's obvious. Painfully obvious. We continue walking in silence, the only thing that we hear are our footsteps on the concrete. When we reach a small building, hidden between a few trees and a wall he stops and turns to me.

Jinko. If you mess this up I'll Kill you. Just do what we talked before and don't even think of running away. Am I clear?

He talks to me in a stern voice. It's always the same... He always says this before our missions and it's really starting to get on my nerves. I sigh and roll my eyes as I hear those same words once again, starting to walk into the "territory". He follows behind me with his hands in his jacket pockets. We start to put our plan in practice and finally get into the building. We just have to get to the office, get the information and get out. A very easy plan... But they were more prepared than we had anticipated. The moment we get in we are cornered by 10 men. They are probably all ability users, so we have to be cautious. Akutagawa takes them down quickly and we continue our way into the office. We are attacked a few more times, but we manage to fight back and knock them out. Akutagawa is keeping his promise on not killing anyone, but that doesn't mean he doesn't hurt or knock them out.

Reaching the office we are extra cautious. Akutagawa turns to me and talks again.

Get ready, Jinko. Don't let your guard down. Whatever happened back there was different from what we had planned and anticipated. They are more prepared than I had thought of... One wrong move and we're both dead.

He looks at me with his cold eyes. His expressionless and emotionless eyes. They don't have a single glint of light in them.

I nod at his words and grab the door handle, slowly opening the door and letting Akutagawa in. He walks in carefully and makes a sign for me to follow him. When I see his hand popping out from behind the door to call me out, I don't hesitate to follow him into the room. It's the office we were supposed to find, but... What is going on here?

Akutagawa... What is this?

I don't know... Looks like someone was here before us

I look at him and to the bodies on the floor in shock. The boss was killed by someone. Probably by someone working there. Akutagawa doesn't seem bothered by the dead bodies and the blood on the floor, and just walks to the big secretary, opening a few drawers and looking through a bunch of papers. I stand in the same spot, looking at him, trying to ignore the lifeless people there with us. He takes out a folder with a few papers and lifts them up slightly to show them to me. I walk up closer to him to look at the papers and nod my head after confirming that they are the ones we were looking for. We look at each other as a way of confirming that we are ready to go. As we do that, Akutagawa puts the file in his jacket and starts walking out, with me following close behind.

So... Do you have any idea what happened there?

I try to start a conversation with him

No, I don't. If you were so curious you could have just looked at the bodies and try to find out the cause of death. You're the Detective, not me