Short Hair One-shot: 2, Change

Timeline: Taisho Era, Alive YuichiroAU, Twin HashiraAU

Ships:
None,
BROTHERLY Love between Mui & Yui

Warnings: Panic Attacks, Sobbing, Mentions of Dead Parents

Requested: Nope

Enjoy the Story!

-

--(Yuichiro POV)--

Mission complete. Stupid weak demons, attacking innocent humans. I walked up the Mist Estates front stairs. The Mist Estate belongs to the Mist Hashira's, my brother and me. We shared the title of Mist Hashira. There were two of us, I mean we did do almost everything together anyway. On rare occasions it was just me who went out because he was resting, or vice versa.

Actually he was resting, that's why I completed that mission alone. Ah Muichiro, too kind for your own good. We may be twins but our personalities are way different. I'm cold, because I need to be. It's to keep us safe. He's kind, always believing the best in everyone. I'm afraid one day someone will hurt him because of that.

I opened the door and placed my katana on a table near the entry. I took off my patterned haori and set it on a hook. I grabbed a nearby hair tie and tied my hair up into a long ponytail.

"Brother! I'm back." I called out to the house, that's strange.

He didn't respond? Normally he's at the door to greet me. . . . I took a step father into the estate, peering into the living room. He wasn't sleeping on the couch, so where was he? When I left he was passed out on the couch snoring.

*CRASH!* Something crashed upstairs. What was that? I took a step backwards, trying to listen for anything. I grabbed my katana off the table. And began to walk towards the stairs that led upstairs. I slowly walked up, whatever there was definitely being quiet now. Was it Mui. . . ?

I had one hand resting on the hilt of my sword. My other hand was clutching the case. I reached the top of the stairs and turned the corner.

Nothing. . . . I took a step forward and something lunged at me. I took out my katana to try and block it, but I was surprised when another katana hit it. It bounced off with a little clang sound effect. I heard a gasp, and the sound of a katana hitting the floor.

"Brother!" Someone hugged me. Muichiro! What. . . ?

I dropped my katana and held my sobbing brother. He looked terrible, his face was pale and he looked exhausted. He slouched down, and I had to move down on my knees to support him fully. He laid down, but remained crying into my chest. I hugged him back, what happened?

"Muichiro- What happened!? Are you ok. . . ?" I asked, looking down at him.

His hair- His hair was completely gone, cut. It was so choppy, it didn't even go past his ears. There were a few strands that barely touched his shoulders.

"Brotherrr-" He called out again, his arms hugging me tightly.

I kept him laying down, I started patting his back. I rubbed his back and used one hand to ruffle his choppy hair.

"Hey now- Take deep breaths alright? Big Brother is here now." I said, I sat him up so he was now leaning on me.

His head laid on my shoulder, and he was still taking quick panicky breaths.

"Shhhh, Shhhh. Nothing will hurt you now. . . I'm here brother." I said, I rubbed the back of his head and kept my other arm wrapped around him protectively.