Short Hair One-shot: 6, I'm Sorry

Timeline: Tiasho Era AU, Demon Slayers

Ships:
- Genmui (Genya x Muichiro)

Warnings: Blood, Death, Sadness, Swearing

Requested: Yes, by Muichirosleftfoot

Enjoy the Story!

-

--(Muichiro POV)--

One mission. With Genya. It's like the master knew we were together, we've been paired together for missions a lot now.

I love Genya, big strong Genya. So perfect. . . .

Focus Muichiro. We have to find that demon. Could be a lowermoon, known to target older couples.

I ran through the forest, Genya close behind me. Ginko in front of us, squawking directions.

She paused, looking around and then flying up and away. We've reached the spot. I sense a demonic presence up ahead.

I looked back at Genya and he nodded, going right. I went left. It's easier to deal with it quickly, sneak up on it.

Ew. There it was, the ugly thing. It was a young man, who looked sickly. He had horns growing out of his forehead, spikes on his back. He was hunched over and eating what appeared to be a human leg. That's one life we couldn't save.

Genya was on the other side of it, we were both hidden by trees. He looked at me, and I nodded. We both rushed towards the demon. I was faster and had my sword over its neck within seconds, Genya had his gun out, ready to shoot the thing.

"Fools." The demon muttered, I didn't have time to react.

Hands, thousands of hands broke through the earth and grabbed me and Genya.

Gabbing us tightly, squeezing us. I lost grip of my sword, it fell to the ground below us. It was hard to breathe, I could hear Genya shout out in pain.

"Fools my distraction worked perfectly, you fell into my trap!" The male demon said, rising to be level with us. He was standing on those crusty hands.

I looked at the demon, the hands kept squeezing us, crushing our ribs.

I could hear Genya scream out in pain, crap what do we do!? Breathe- it's crushing my lungs-

*Bang!* Genya's gun! The hands stopped, rushing over to the demon who was now holding its half severed head. He didn't shoot it clean off-

We both fell, I landed on my side, I felt my shoulder crunch. That's bad. Is Genya ok? My sword where is it. Kill the demon, kill it now!

I reached out, grabbing my sword that was nearby. I stood up and tried to manage my breathing. The demon came back down to the ground, it's head almost completely regenerated. Don't get caught again, avoid the hands and go for the neck.

"Mist Breathing. . . . Second Form, Eight-Layered Mist." I ran towards the demon, slashing through hands that tried to stop me. I was in front of him, mist escaped my blade as I swung it towards his neck.

As soon as my blade touched his neck, hands exploded from it's neck and flung me backwards. The hands were fast and extremely sharp now. I could feel them cutting through my skin on my arms and legs. My head felt lighter. . . like I lost my hair. . . .

I landed on my feet farther back, I could barely make out Genya's figure on the other side of the forest clearing. Everything is spinning. . . .

The demon mumbled something walking towards me, Genya was too busy dealing with the hands. It was whispering a blood demon art. . . .