Chapter 7: A Date With Demi

As my alarm goes off, I pick up the phone and hit the button to cancel it. My eyes adjust to the light as I slide down revealing the date. It was Saturday.

Today was the date with Demi.

I hop out of bed quickly, a smile on my face. Heading to my closet, I pick out some clothes for today before heading into the bathroom to shower. I dry off and get dressed for the day after washing my face. 

~Demi's POV~

Demi: "Toni!"

I was in the guest room, which was my bedroom until I found a place for myself or just somewhere else to live, trying to look for an outfit for the date tonight. Toni runs in from around the corner fast enough to generate steam from the friction of her sliding.

Toni: "Yea?"

Demi: "How do you think this dress looks for tonight?"

Toni: "Hmm. What's his favorite color?"

She says this with a genuine look of intrigue as if she was planning something, well... special. Nonetheless, I would respond and she gave me the perfect recommendation. After I got a dress picked out, it was time for makeup as I went into the bathroom.

*10 minutes later*

I had finished the look and was about to go out to show Toni, which didn't end up happening as she again slid into the bathroom to sneak a peek.

Toni: "How's it goin' lovebird?"

At this point, her teasing has been completely milked of all its meaning so it didn't bother me anymore.

Demi: "How do you think this looks for tonight?"

Toni was taken aback a little bit as she knows I haven't prettied myself up for a guy before so this was all new

Toni: "Lookin' like a goddess. All this for Ethan?"

Demi: "I suppose. He was a real charmer. I can just imagine what that-"

Toni: "Okay Dem! I get it!"

I laugh at this exchange even though I realized where my mind was going to at that point. Now that all the prepping part was done and the time was 5:20, I decided to go ahead and text Ethan to get a few confirmations.