The New Cheerleading Team

• Dedicated to Sushii Uyen Phuong Dong

“IT’S A GOOD MORNING!” Someone shouted and the lights came on in my room.

I opened my eyes and saw Logan, Harry, Wesley, and Angela in my room dancing to the music.

I buried my head under the pillows. “TURN IT OFF!” I yelled at them.

“NEVER!” They all yelled back in sync.

“Wake up to a brand new day. This morning,. I'm stepping, stepping on my way. Good morning,” The song continued.

“Okay! I give up now turn off the song!” I say getting out of bed. “Now shoo, so I can change.”

They all laughed and highed fived each other and finally left.

We walked into homeroom just at the announcements were beginning, Angela and I sneaked into our seats.

“Hey I didn’t see you at practice today.” She said.

“Yeah, coach put me on temporary suspension.” I said taking a bite out of my breakfast.

“Temporary suspension?” She asked.

I nodded and lifted up my pants a little so she could see the ankle brace I was wearing.

“Ouch.” She said, and I laughed.

“I should be back at practice in two weeks, hopefully.” I said, then I heard an announcement.

“Attention all sport’s captains, and co-capitans. Report immediately to the big gym for a meeting, thank you.” Said the person in the  announcements.

“Guess I have to go.” I told Angela, I picked up my books and breakfast and walked outside to the gym.

“Hey, any idea on what this is about?” Said Harry as he caught up with me.

“If I did I would of have said something, but I don’t.”

We walked to the gym in silence. When we got there the bleachers were full of kids that were as confused as us.

“Please take a seat.” Said Coach T, and we all sat down. “Now does anyone know what we are doing here?” She asked and we all shook our heads no. “Well, in the past we used to have competitions between our different sports teams. And this year we decided to bring back the competition.” What? “Let me explain how this works. We put the names of different teams in a hat, we make each captain take out a paper, and whoever is in that paper has to exchange rolls with for three weeks.” I was getting the point kind of, but why this? Why now? “So I want everyone to write down the name of your sport and put it in this hat. Who’s the Cross Country team Captain here?” She asked, and I raised my hand. “Alright, you have to choose who to put down, girls varsity, boys varsity, girls jr. varsity, or boys jr. varsity. You may not put all of them.”

This was a hard decision, who should I choose? I looked at Wesley who was our Co-Captain.

“Choose boys varsity, we can do pretty much anything.” He said, and well it was true. I took a piece of paper and wrote.

Cross Country Boys Varsity.

I folded the paper and put it inside the hat.

“Alrighty, can the captain of each team come forward?” Coach T asked, and all the captains walked to the front. “Let’s start cheerleaders first.” Grace walked up to the coach and took out a paper, when she read it she shot me a nasty look. “Cheerleaders will exchange places with Cross Country Boys Varsity.”

Coach T named the other pairings, but the only thing I heard was.

“Cheerleaders will exchange places with Cross Country Boys Varsity.”

Over and over again.

“Cass, snap out of it.” Said Logan shaking me by my shoulders.

“They are gonna kill me.” I said.

“Who?” He asked.

“The guys.” I said.

“Why? They wouldn’t do that, they love you.” He said.

“Because I made them the new cheerleading team of the school.” I said.

A/N: Hey guys! Sorry for the short chapter, and the waiting. Hope yall don’t hate me so much. But the next chapter will be longer.

Spoilers: Guys reaction at been the new cheerleading team.

Picture to the right is of Logan and Cassidy, enjoy =]