Surprises

I realize now, that transferring to my boyfriend's school without telling him would end up being a bigger surprise for me, rather than him. I knew from the beginning that dating Draco Malfoy required patience. A lot of it. However, finding out that he was dating another girl at the same time, really infuriated me.

"Pansy get dressed and go," said Draco to the naked girl on the bed. It was she whom everyone talked about, Malfoy's whore. From what I understood, she was not that important to him. His terrified look told me as much. We both stood there, staring at each other while the bitch was dressing up. She didn't utter a single word as she walked out of the room, leaving me and my half-naked boyfriend whose neck was full of hickeys.

"Adelaine I— How— What are you doing here?" Draco stuttered, probably for the first time in his life.

"I switched schools." I said. "I go here now"

"You what? Why did you do that? Why don't I know about it?

Tears started filling my eyes. "I wanted to surprise you," I stared at the window behind him. I thought today would be a wonderful day. I thought he would be thrilled to see me and that all the crap I heard in the great hall after being sorted was just a bad joke. It seems like the joke was our relationship, his love.

Idiot. I'm such an idiot! 

"I missed you so much and... in your letters, you said you were missing me too," I looked back at him. The betrayal was sinking in now. "Apparently you don't anymore."

"Adealaine no, I do miss you," Draco said as he approached me.

I stepped back. "Oh really? Was that before or after you got those hickeys?"

"Darling no, I love you," he said. My vision blurred and tears spilled on my cheeks. "Now that you're here we can really be together. She doesn't mean anything to me, only you do."

Draco was about to embrace me when I pulled my wand out. "Stop right there," I said and he obeyed. "Are you seriously not even going to try to explain yourself? Not even apologizing?"

"You're right Adelaine, I'm sorry, it will never—"

"Oh save it. No apology can fix this now. We're done!" I turned around to leave but he grabbed my by the arm and pulled me to him.

"Not so fast sweetheart," he said, in a cold tone. "You are not going anywhere until we find a solution."

"Oh really? Well, here's a solution; we break up and you can go back to your tacky bitch."

He chuckled. That's the only thing he did.

"Are you done?" He really could be a bitch if he wanted.

"There's actually something else," I said silently, my eyes on his.

"Oh yeah? What is it?"

"Don't ever call me sweetheart again!" I said as I stepped on his foot and kicked him in the groin.

"Fuck Adelaine!" He yelled doubling over.

I bent until my mouth was by his ear and whispered, "Go cry about it to your daddy."

After that, I left his room and went to find mine. Walking through the Common Room was my walk of shame. Everyone had heard us and knew very well what had happened. But this was the last thing I could deal with right now.

My relationship had just needed in the worst way possible. I had come here to surprise him. An important part of my decision to come here was for Draco. There were of course other reasons, but right now it felt like none of that mattered. It felt like coming here was the worst decision I ever made.