𝟎𝟎𝟏.

The next day, after picking up his girlfriend from
home, Chad kept asking Evie the same question as walked hand in hand to their friends. ''Come on Eve, I think you should accept the request.''

''Chad, baby, are you on drugs?'' Evie replied, giving the other teens hugs. ''He wants me to accept his find my fam request.'' She explained when they all shot her confused looks.

''It's the smartest option with Ghostface back.'' Chad put his arm around her once they sat down. ''Please don't remind me Chad. I'm trying to forget about it.'' Evie ran her hands down her face in exhaustion.

She woke up this morning and prayed that it was all just a dream, but when she saw Dewey's pitiful look while she made breakfast, she knew it was real.

''Forget about it? Evie, you can't forget it. Ghostface is back, they'll probably come for you.'' Amber spoke, almost bitterly to her best friend. Shock spread all over Evie's face, why would she say that?  ''Amber what the fuck?'' Mindy spat as Liv said ''Why would you say that?''

''Bitch.'' Evie muttered, confused with Amber's bitterness. ''Back to the original conversation. Eves, come on. You'll know exactly where I am and I'll know exactly where you are." Chad brought the conversation back to him.

''Chad, I love you. but no.'' She stroked his cheek. "Why.'' The boy replied dragging out the y, pulling the girl into him. "Because.'' She dragged out the e, mocking him.

''Fine.'' Evie kissed his cheek, nuzzling her head into his neck. ''Thank you.'' He kissed her head before turning to Wes who had started talking.

''Evie's right Chad. There's a psycho out there. Make yourself harder to find. Delete social media, tape over your phone camera, disable GPS.'' Wes listed, worried for his friend's safety.

''Yes, thank you very much, Edward Snowden.'' Chad and Wes gave each other sarcastic smiles whilst the others laughed at their interaction. ''Actually, your mother just interrogated me about Tara's attempted murder which was very fun.''

Everyone went quiet at the mention of their hurt friend. They'd all grown up with the stories about Ghostface, but now they're living it. They were all worried for their safety, and Evie's. Everyone in town knew who she was biologically related to, most had bitter opinions and rude things to say, but the rest knew she was raised by a good family. She wasn't her father.

''Yeah she spoke to me too, she was mostly trying to get me to ask Dewey to help with the case,'' Evie explained to Wes. ''I'm sure she's asking everybody. I mean, Ghostface is back.'' Wes defended his mom.

''Please stop reminding me. Just thinking about it makes me wanna faint.'' The blonde knew she had a target on her back, she also knew Sam probably did too. ''The press isn't saying Ghostface.'' Mindy moved over to sit next to Evie, rubbing her hand down the girl's back.

''My mom doesn't want to cause a panic.'' Wes smiled over to his mother, who tipped her hat in a joking manner. ''It'll get out by the second or third killing,'' Mindy said causing the blonde next to her flinch.

''Jesus, Mindy, there wasn't a first killing Tara's still alive.'' Amber defended. ''Barley.'' Evie eyed the freeman girl, suspiciously. There was always something about Amber that made her shiver.

''Mmm. I mean, she could still die.'' Mindy shrugged, getting shouts from everyone in response

''What the fuck?

''Girl.''

''Fuck! Mindy, come on.''

''Mindy stop.''

''I'm telling you, arm up, okay? Pepper spray, check. Taser, check.'' Wes listed, trying his hardest to protect his friends. ''Girlfriend repellent, check.'' Amber teased, making Evie roll her eyes. ''Shut up Amber.''

Liv then let out a groan, making everyone turn their heads. ''Holy shit. Is that... Vince?'' "That freak you slept with?'' Evie spoke at the same time Chad said, ''Wait. That creep you hooked up with last summer?''

''Yeah, he worked with me and Tara.'' She replied. ''He worked with Tara?'' Amber asked.
''He's been stalking my Insta the last couple of weeks.''

Evie leaned up close to Mindy, whispering in her ear, ''Mindy take a pic of him.'' Chad then flexed his muscles, ready to defend his pink-haired friend. Evie laughed, thinking he was adorable, he wasn't much of a threat. Chad was a huge softie.

''Tara says she fought back hard. You've got bruises.'' Amber eyed Chad suspiciously. ''It's from football practice.'' Evie stood up for her boyfriend. ''Oh, sure.''

Wes' head then shot up from his phone, ''Tara's awake. She just texted I'm going to the hospital. You guys coming?'' Everyone agreed.

''Oh. Uhh, I can't but I'll meet you guys later.'' Everyone eyed the pink-haired girl suspiciously but agreed anyway.

'' Everyone eyed the pink-haired girl suspiciously but agreed anyway

LUCE SPEAKS //

rewriting this feels like a fever dream. can't believe this book is over a year old.