Episode 2

Jimin suddenly sat up. Then he took the pen and wrote on the opposite side of the letter,

I think I recognized you. Are you the man who was standing in that courier shop and sending a letter to someone? Chaeyoung wrote the address on the envelope after taking a pen from you and I also wrote the note with the same pen I took from you.

I don't like people's dishonesty.

You never got our address from the newspaper. You stood by and listened to us. You also saw me writing that note. Then you secretly took Chaeyoung's address from the envelope at some point. You wrote a letter to that address. But when Chaeyoung wrote the reply to your letter, you realized that the handwriting was not mine. Am I right?

But it would be better if you told this clearly. What was the need for such dishonesty with a stranger?

Even though Jimin wrote the letter, Chaeyoung sent it. The answer came to her address. The guy wrote—

I wanted to talk to you right then. You were talking so beautifully and there was a strange sadness on your face, as if the water in your eyes was shaking and there was a faint sadness throughout the text. I was just listening to you. But I didn't dare to say anything.

So, I took the address in a gap. But still, I didn't have the courage to write a letter. Hesitation, doubts, shyness was all I was feeling. Then after some time I mustered some courage and wrote a letter, but the return letter upset me. Because I realized by looking at the handwriting that you did not write that return letter. But I didn't know what to do.

What if you never contact me if I tell you everything directly?

Rather, I tried to create a mystery. So that you'll be curious about me and at some point, you'll write to me to satisfy that curiosity or to reveal the secret of my mysterious behavior. Finally, you wrote to me. Hope you don't get me wrong.

Jimin had written, There is no question of misunderstanding or not understanding you. Because I will never contact you again. But what you did isn't appreciated at all. It is no gentleman's business to read someone's letters, collect addresses and write letters like this. It's a terrible thing to violate the privacy of others.

The guy wrote in return, How is privacy broken here? The letter was public, wasn't it? Still, I am sorry. And let this unintended identity of ours be nothing but special. A long friendship. Pure, unhesitating friendship.

Jimin wrote in response, Until the writing is published in the newspaper, it is private and you have violated that privacy unfairly. And the communication or relationship which is made in dishonesty is never pure. As a werewolf being, you are extremely dishonest and complicated, so there is no way I could ever be friends with you.

It was Jimin's last letter to the latter. However, the guy had sent another letter after his, in which he wrote,

Maybe I made a mistake. But we all make mistakes sometimes, don't we? This is such a mistake or injustice. But it was only you who had created the indomitable desire to do this injustice. I don't know why seeing you that day, hearing that thing from you suddenly made me feel empty inside.

I thought I wanted to know you and I would do anything for that. Maybe that's why I was so reckless. But in my personal life, I am not like that at all. I know, you will never believe this. You don't even have to. Because this is my last letter to you.

None of us likes to have such a murky, dishonest image with someone we feel unrequitedly, hold inexplicably fondly. Neither do I. I am moving away. Far away. From where this dishonest, opaque human shadow of mine will never reach you again.