Chapter 2

His eyes peeped out of the blanket; the morning birds chirped out. He was in the most luxurious bed; fluffy mattress, a plain white thick blanket. "Good morning", Athena said, bringing him some bread n' butter for breakfast. Hugo was shocked to see the girl in his dreams was real. "Wait! Who are you."
"I believe introductions were already done, but yes, I am Athena, your guardian angel."
"an angel? So am I in heavens?"
"of course not; we are in the empire, in the countryside... somewhere safe."
"Why did you save me? "
"because it is my duty."
"so, do I need to pay you back? Though I don't have any money on me."
"Angels don't need money; they need blessings from god to rise in ranks."
"so what does it have to do with me?"
"Enough of these questions; we have something more important to discuss", she said in frustration.
"I wish this room would be turned into a magical map."
The purple glow emerged from her hands, spreading throughout the room. As Hugo looked carefully, they were tiny glowing fairies from her hand. As he tried touching one, it felt threatened and flew away. "Don't worry, they are just shy", Athena said, smiling.
"Hugo De Osric, you were the heir to the dukedom, but tragedy struck when your mother's death became the headlines."
"but I was said to be a son of a foreign trader who died in an accident."
"lies! Do you believe such lifeless devils who brought pain to you?"
"but I don't recall trusting you either."

Silence...
with a sigh, Athena broke the silence.
"I wish to make a contract with you."
CONTRACT:
-Miss Athena will protect Hugo De Osric with her life, BUT when she decides to betray, she will be punished according to the crime
-Hugo De Osric must fully trust Miss Athena and by no means betray her; betraying her will result in a curse
She held the papers and waited for Hugo to sign them. Hugo paused after thinking for a while. He said, "I won't sign the contract; I can earn a living by working in the factories and leading a comfortable life."
Thunderstruck in Athena's ears. Feeling humiliated, she stomps the ground and breaks out in tears. Hugo pitied her, but it didn't make him change his decision. He walked away.