[CHAPTER 1]-PROLOGUE

In faraway vast lands, there would be merchants who would come and go. And with merchants, there would be chatters among them.
# The night was freezing cold and dark. Though the sky was beautifully painted with a purple and blue shade. With the stars glistening brightly, and the silver-waning moon that lit up the sky.

#It was such a lovely sight to see, the streets looking bright red, decked out with beautiful lanterns and other ornaments. People walking around and passing by each other. Running some errands, the streets bustling nonstop. At a certain location, a group of merchants who newly arrived in the city. Then they made themselves comfortable by checking in at an inn. There may have been four to six members all plopping down on their chairs and huddled up around two tables with fresh cuisine. And serving themselves wine to reward themselves. It was not much of a celebration, but it was something to pay them for their diligent hard work. Their laughs and cheers could be heard all around the place, but it's not every day they could enjoy their lives like this. So, it's better to hear their joys and happiness, knowing well that they might go do their jobs again after this night of relaxing.

Chugging down on his cup one merchant then spoke. "Ahh! C'mon, boys drink up! Wine tonight is good!" He exclaimed. "Oi! No need to remind us here. Hahahahaha", another one replied. And soon all of them continued to chatter when... They noticed mysterious figures hurriedly leaping from roof to roof. "Ayy... Them Cultivators... " One man claimed while giving off a sour expression. All of them then looked at each other, exchanging from one person to the next. Heh, they are always around the place.
"I know right, wherever I go there's just a bunch of Cultivators everywhere. Subduing evil spirits or demons... Whatever exorcism tricks they'd pull off to impress us all". "Yeah, now that I think about it. Those who had practiced cultivating had more power and authority over us". "Yep, they think they can just boss us around every time a complete nausea really. Also, they're not even responsible for the damage they've caused".
"I don't get why they're acting like peacocks! It's not like we owe them much! There are other people who can do exorcisms better than they do! Hmph!"
"Eh, all are literally true about all of them. These days I heard that there has been an uproar in the cultivation world...... But anyways that isn't our problem. One man then replied, there were always great legends about them, but none met our expectations......."
As they continued chatting, an old man suddenly interrupted them from their argument. The old man was around five feet in height, wearing thin layers of clothing and a bamboo hat on his head, then tells them off by saying.
"Not all of them."
"Not all Cultivators are like that."
"There was one who was an exception."

"Oh yeah, who? What makes you say that?" Another replied. As the old man sat down comfortably on the chair. Just before continuing the man then turned his head to every sense of direction, as if not wanting an outsider to know what they were discussing. The man then finally spoke. "Have you ever heard about this legend? I heard it's famous around the North-Western areas."
He whispered slightly through his mouth. All then huddled around him giving him a look of hesitation.
"All right, all right settle down now."
As he continued, he suddenly paused mid-air, his face and body suddenly shaking with fear. He was hesitant at first but managed to build up the courage to speak.
"This...... Folklore tales are rarely mentioned by the locals where the story originated." "Nonetheless, it's quite fascinating", he added. It may sound as if someone random drunken hobo wrote this with his imagination, claiming that yes it did happen many years ago. Though the story might be a mystery, it wasn't mysterious to the eyes and ears of this man. He then commented saying; "Somehow it is also referred to as a ghost story for kids. Like really it is true, a story of a pitiful young cultivator who died and became a vengeful ghost who wanted to take revenge!"

"_".................... Immediately everyone's faces were pale, thinking that the old man was just speaking a set of rubbish from his mouth. They soon interfered with his lecture.