Chapter 3

I woke up in the hospital again. Next to me was Jake and the young nurse that I had seen before I fell asleep again. They were laughing, no, he was laughing. She was giggling and twirling her hair. So my prediction was true. She did llike him. And he seemed to know it. Not only know it, he liked it.

  "Oh, you're up. How are you feeling?" she asked.

  "I feel fine. I don't believe you told me your name?" I said.

  "Her name is Linda, she is very sweet, you'll like her," Jake replied almost instantly. I saw the way he looked at her and soon found that he liked her too. It's not long until they start to go out, I thought to myself. Oh well. She doesn't seem that bad.

  "Well now that she's up and we finished everything we needed to do, she can go home." Linda said.

  "Great! So, Anna, where is home?" Jake asked me.

  "The Adamstown Hotel," I answered. There's no place like home, I thought to myself.

  "Oh great! I know exactly where that is! Do you need a ride?" Linda asked. Then I remember I don't have a car. I turned to Jake and nodded yes.

  "Um, yes actually we do need a ride. Thanks," he said slowly. Linda looked sorry. Funny, it didn't sound like Jake was trying to be sympathetic. After i got unhooked from all the monitors and the IV taken out we walked to Linda's car.

  "Woah! A mustang!" I said. I get to ride in a mustang! The shiny red car looked so exotic in the hospital parking lot.

  "Shotgun!" cried Jake. He sounded like a little boy again saying shotgun. Linda chuckled and I knew she had had this reaction before from other people. The brown leather seats of the backseat looked like such luxury I felt like I would stand out in the car. Soon we were pulling into the hotel where i kept my belongings.

  "Hi Lenord!" I said as i walked past the front desk. We got in the elevator and I pressed the button with the number 6 on it. when the elevator door opened I jumped out and ran to the door that had a golden number 111 on it. I got the key out of my pants-I had changed into my old clothes at the hospital- and unlocked the door. Jake went to the table and looked at the plans dad had left out for King Tuts Tomb. Me and him both started to tear up while Linda just stood there watching.

  "Time to pack," Jake said.

  "Why?" I asked, confused.

  "We can't let all his work go to waste now can we?" he said with a pained smile.

  "Does that mean...?" I started. He nodded. I couldn't believe it! We were going after all!

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------