Not This Time 1

ARA's POV

Just another start of the week..Start of work..Having this Monday sickness..Weekend hang over..

Working as a young female architect for A.R.A Builders has been my life for 5 yrs.You can say it's coincidence that the company I work for happens to be my nickname.  I'm always asked by clients if I 'm one of the owners..Nakakapagod na ngang sumagot ng "Nah, isa lang ako sa mga taga drawing nila,heheh."  Actually kaya ako nagdecide magwork dito because of the name itself and it is known in the construction/ real estate industry.

A career dominated by men is something I took as a challenge. But it also has its perks which I really enjoy the most, hahah! Going to the sites with the company transpo..if it's a lucky day may driver/bodyguard pa!During corporate or client meetings expect a free meal!
I really enjoy working with men..Gusto ko kasi ako lang ang maarte..Less competition kapag mga lalake ang kasama ko.I've experienced working with women pero hindi swak ang work etiquette ko sa kanila. Ang issues sa buhay nila ay isang perfect example ng FOREVER! Forever ang mga issues sa kanila,heheh!

You might be wondering if I had been into romantic relationships with my colleagues here..Well pwede na din..My college friends just kept asking "Who's the next victim of the venom?" It became a trial and error for me..Obviously failed relationships.. I've tried and tested but nothing came close to the kind of love I have in my mind and in my heart..

The kind of love that I realized when someone came into my life unexpectedly and fell for unintentionally...

It happened a year ago when I requested for a staff who can atleast help me in my paper works, errands and the like.  The booming real estate industry has taken so much of my time that I can barely cope up with the demands.So I needed someone to assist me.

One of the owners, Arch. De Jesus, one day came to me and introduced me to my soon to be staff , "Ara I'd like you to meet Mika..Nag apply cya last week.So far she passed the qualifications you're looking for.."

"Ay really someone applied to be my staff but never had the chance to atleast look at her CV?Sir paano nangyari yun?And did I hear it right, Mika, babae?!"  I said with a bit of sarcasm to my boss.

"Don't tell me you're being choosy this time..Halos di ka nga mahagilap dito sa office..You're an ambulatory architect na nga..Laging on the go.We barely see you here.But you kept asking kung may nakuha na kami staff for you..So there she is, looking as gorgeous as your are!I think she can cope up with your mood swings.." Again my boss na mukhang aasarin lang ako and there it goes, comparing me to her, like we're both gorg..Excuse me gusto ko ako lang ang ganyan..

As I looked thru the glass door of my office, I saw a tall girl with an innocent face, faired skin and wearing a light gray dress hesitantly waved and smiled at me..I just gave her a nod, hahah!

"Shall I ask her to come in?!"

"Sa meeting room na lang..I need to prepare my materials for the hand over later..Mawawala kasi ako flow ng trabaho ko..Tanggap na talaga siya?"

"Oo, sabi mo kailangan mo na.."

"Pero di ba I preferred a guy?!"

"It wasn't included in the qualifications you gave.."

"What?I didn't specify?I missed out on that..My mistake! Okay be there in 5 minutes.."

"Ara make it two..Leave those for awhile. Don't make her wait. People are more important than papers.." My boss trying to be a people person, hmmmm...

My boss left a folder on my table.  It's hers..Her documents and her contract which I will ask her to sign..Well I have no choice..

After couple of minutes or so, I entered our meeting room to have a close encounter with Mika..

Mika is simple..Just 23 years old..She acts her age..Very polite..There's a bit of awkwardness in her..I can say a total opposite of me..
I'm nearly 30 years old..Been thru a lot..Very straight forward..But her aura gives me something I can't explain..Well siguro kasi masyado na akong 'work mode on' most of the time..I missed out on having talks like these, like this with Mika..

After she signed her contract, I asked one of our staffs, Bea, to give her orientation on what will be the world that she is about to start today..I hope she won't be feeling doomed having me as her superior..

----

Just tried writing..Please don't expect too much from a neophyte..
For those who have read this, thank you.
Short story but maybe with long chapters..

*oldsoulyoungmind*