Chapter 36

I saw Kai grab Nya just in case while Shadow stood in front of me. "Shadow stand down please," I spoke moving a little bit. That just made the white dragon with black patches on it roar.

As I was about to take another step Lloyd grabbed me and Shadow got in front of me. "Y/n you could end up getting yourself injured or worse killed," Lloyd spoke.

"Can't kill a vampire with a dragon," I retaliated to Lloyd. "Y/n, this isn't a game," Kai interjected, still holding onto Nya. "We're trying to protect you."

"I don't need your protection," I said, trying to pull away from Lloyd's grip. "I can take care of myself."

"I know you're strong, Y/n," Lloyd said, his tone gentle. "But we're here to help. Please let us."

I looked at my friends, each with their own dragons at their side, ready to defend me. I realized that they cared about me and only wanted to keep me safe. "Okay," I said, finally relenting. "I trust you guys."

Kai let go of Nya and Shadow stood down, as my friends surrounded me protectively. They weren't just my friends anymore, they were my family, and I knew they would always be there for me no matter what.

That's when the white dragon with black patches swung its tail and it hit me knocking me into a wall of rocks.

Pain shot through my body as I hit the rocks, and I struggled to get up. My friends immediately rushed to my side, checking if I was okay.

"Y/n, are you hurt?" Lloyd asked, concern etched on his face.

I groaned in pain as I tried to sit up, but my head was spinning. "I think I hit my head," I mumbled, holding onto the back of my head.

Kai helped me up, holding me steady as I regained my balance. "We need to get you back to the temple," he said, looking around for his dragon.

My friends gathered around me, shielding me as we made our way back to the temple. I was grateful for their support, knowing that I wouldn't make it without them. That's when I saw Shadow tackle the other dragon.