Chapter Eleven: Sunshine Realty

Kayla sprints onto her porch, whips the door open, darts inside, and slams the door hard behind her. Maybe now is not the best time to show her my prisoner. Speaking of which...

I march back over to the realtor, who is relaxing his head on the sidewalk, eyes closed and barely breathing. What I did to you was nothing. I grab him by his yellow suit lapels and yank him towards my face. "I need your boss' name!"

His eyes flutter open. "I did have time to think."

"I hope you thought right."

"I'll cooperate, if you protect my family and friends."

I let go of his suit and sigh. "Honestly, we don't have the resources to do that. You're keeping us angels very busy with your demon planting."

His lips glue shut.

"Do you want me to begin torturing you again?"

His lips open a little. "-."

I kneel down, bend over him, and make a show of sharpening my rainbow claws against each other. They hiss, crackle, and pop. "Yes?"

"I won't give you any specifics on my masters. But, maybe, I can tell you some things."

I grit my teeth together. I don't know how rough I can get on his frail mortal body without him dying on me! I was anticipating dragging information out of a stubborn demon, not this cowardly warlock. "Some things?"

He nods. "Yes, such as how many demons I placed in this neighborhood."

He is the one I need then. I gently place my rainbow blade tips a millimeter away from his Adam's apple. Their razor edges just barely brush his throat. "Let's start there. Is every house infected?"

"About half of them."

My saliva goes down the wrong pipe and I choke. "U-u-uugh. And you sold these haunted houses to the people that currently live in them?"

"If residents leave or die, I supply my masters with more prey."

"Your bosses are territorial spirits?"

He shakes his head. "Higher spirits are my masters."

"And these higher spirits are the ones you told you to put Big Baby, Big Mama, and Big Daddo in the Smith's house?!"

I watch the realtor very closely for his reaction. His face remains impassive except for the corners of his lips curving upwards ever so slightly. "That's what they're calling themselves now? Those three have a sense of humor..."

"What are their weaknesses?! How do I get them to release their claws from the Smiths?! What are they feeding off of in the family?!"

"I couldn't tell you that even if I wanted to. I only plant the demons, I don't know everything about them."

"I'm going to ask you again! How do I beat the spirits in the Smith's house?!"

"I don't know. I'm not told these things just in case I am captured like this! Plus, I think as you well know, it's different with every family."

I raise my claws to his eyes. "Give me a straight answer! Unless you want something very bad to happen!"

His eyes begin to twitch back and forth as he avoids looking at my rainbow blades. "I don't know! I swear, I don't know!"

I lower my energy knives a millimeter into his eyes, causing red jets to squirt out like spraying cherry perfume out of a bottle. "What do you mean, you don't know?!"

"AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA! I-I CAN'T SEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!"

I ask in a nice, falsetto tone, "What do you mean, you don't know?"