Chapter Fifteen. Water Skippets

Year E3029

Year E3029

Ocea

"Ocea, stop ignoring me," Dylan said, frustrated in my ear. "I have not, repeat, have not tapped into the cameras on that side of the building."

"I don't think she hears you," Stopper added.

"She will be fine," Wyatt said while walking by me as I side-shuffled around the tables.

I glanced over my shoulder, rushing down the hallway toward the bathrooms. A woman in a suit marched in front of me, leaving away from me in a dark corridor. The MOS was meeting in that direction. Their leader could very much be in the room they kept escaping to. A purple safforian left the men's room, fixing his tie. His eyes watched me as I walked by to enter the women's restroom.

The white walls oozed water, making the look of an underwater globe. The ground had a thin layer of liquid, rushing to the center and draining. My heels clicked on the rock formation, splashing droplets around. I bent down, checking under the curtains of the stalls to be sure I was the only one there.

"Ocea," Dylan said as clicking on the keyboard echoed in my ear. "I have a bad feeling about this."

I giggled a little, looking up. "I'll be fine," I said, seeing a vent opening.

Very few buildings on Safforia used vents, but this one needed them for the water displays they had installed. Lucky for me, they placed it right above a toilet.

After taking off my heels, I climbed on the white porcelain, sticking my nail in the screw at the corner and twisting my finger. I popped the vent cover off while water poured onto my face.

"What are you—" I heard Wyatt's voice cut out.

A shock zapped my ear while jumping off the toilet. I rushed over to the mirror as the earpiece kept electrifying me. In pain, I tried to see in my reflection to remove the bug.

"Ouch," I whispered as my fingers quivered with pain.

The squeak of the bathroom door caused me to cup my ears with my eyes closed. The pain radiated through my teeth while my tongue twitched. A hand gripped my shoulder while soft fingers tilted my chin up. I opened my eyes to see Thomas.

"What's wrong?" he asked, muffled.

An electric shock zapped him as his thumb neared my ear. He jumped back, shaking his hand, but his face became urgent while he watched me in pain. Thomas grabbed my hips, pulling me to him. He forced my head to tilt while he yanked the earpiece out of my head. The tan device lit up, zapping Thomas while he threw it to the ground.

My body relaxed as Thomas touched my cheeks. He leaned closer to me, inspecting my face.

"Are you okay?" he asked.

I nodded my head, stretching my jaw. Smoke seeped from the ground as we watched sparks of electricity fly around. Grabbing Thomas's hand, I pulled him over to the vent.