Chapter three - mess

"Mr. President you were supposed to talk to your wife last night, but you forgot," the aide Emma said.

"I'm so sorry," the President replied with a look of shame on his face. "It completely slipped my mind. Can you tell my wife, we can speak now"

"Yes, I will go tell her now" Emma replied.

Emma took a deep breath as she closed the door behind her and walked down the hallway to the First Lady's office. She was nervous, but she still managed to open the door and tell the First Lady what the president had said.

"Please tell my husband, I will be there in about 30 minutes. I have an important call," the First Lady said to the aide.

The aide nodded and replied, "Yes, of course. I will tell him right away." She then proceeded to walk out the door, determined to deliver the news as quickly as possible.

The aide nervously walked down the hallway towards the president's office, her heart pounding in her chest. She had been tasked with conveying the First Lady's message and she was not sure how the president would react. Taking a deep breath, she knocked on the door and entered the office. "Sir," she began, "the First Lady asked me to tell you that..."

"I'm all ears, please proceed," the president urged.

The aide nodded then continued to talk, "The First Lady has asked me to inform you that she is currently engaged in a crucial call. She will be available to meet with you in approximately 30 minutes."

"Okay, thank you very much for telling me Emma," the president said. "You may go now" he insisted

Emma then walked out of the office.

Meanwhile, for Octavia, it couldn't be anything worst than what the president was going through in his morning.

"Is this Octavia Associates?" the man asked the woman standing in the office.

"is indeed it is, what do you need?" The woman replied.

"I need to talk to Octavia", the man said. "do you know where she is?".

"Umm, I don't think she's in right now" The woman replied. "But you can wait until she comes, she's always a little bit late in the morning"

"Oh yes, I can wait," the man said. "By the way what is your name, if you're not Octavia".

"I am Alice Perkins" Alice replied. "Also you can sit in any chair you would like, if you don't want to just stand and wait."

"Oh yes I would love to sit," the man said.

The elevator slowly opened and there was Octavia with a few other friends. Alice was always the earliest to get to Octavia associates.

As Octavia slowly walked into the office, she saw that it was indeed the Vice President. She was shocked to see him there because the last time she checked, when he was running for President, she attempted to help him but he refused her assistance. Now, look at him - an ineffective man poised to be the next President of the United States.

"What can I help you with Mr. Vice President," Octavia said.

"My wife has been kidnapped by bloodthirsty, angry men, the same men with whom hate that I am in the position of Vice President of the United States. They never wanted me to be in a position where I could potentially become president one day," the Vice President replied. "I need your help to get my wife back. I know we've had our disagreements, but you know my wife, and you're friends with her. Please,  help me.