Chapter four - a mockery

"We have to tell the president about this," Emma said to Diane.

"No, we don't have to inform the president about this because it doesn't concern us," replied the First Lady, Diane.

"Okay," Emma said, a look of worry on her face because she believed that the president indeed needed to be informed about what was happening in New York.

Diane was walking with Emma trailing behind her, as they were on their way to an event held for the Vice President. All the attendees were busy eating and discussing global issues that needed attention. They were also sharing their ideas on how they could contribute to making the world more safe for people.

"Oh, it's nice to see you, Diane. I haven't seen you since, well, since we were in college." The woman said.

"It's good to see you too, Isabella. I haven't seen you since, well, since you had your baby. Was the baby fathered by your husband or your teacher?" the First Lady replied, a smirk starting to appear on her face.

"I had a baby with my husband. You know that, Diane, because you were pregnant too. I wonder what ever happened to that child of yours," Isabella said with a serious look on her face.

"I see you still remember. You have such a great memory," First Lady Diane replied.

"Yes, of course, I still remember. Who wouldn't want to remember your most humbling moment?" Isabella said.

"Well, of course, I should've known that's why you remember it so well," First Lady Diane replied, then rolled her eyes.

Meanwhile, Octavia was trying to decide what to do for her mother's visit. She was extremely nervous and somewhat worried. She wondered what would happen if her mother asked her about her job and other aspects of her life. She knew how her mother could react when it came to matters related to the White House.

"Octavia, calm down. Why are you pacing back and forth?" Lily asked.

Octavia responded, "My mother is supposed to be coming to visit me this week."

"Well, I mean why are you soo worried about your mother coming?." Lily said.

"Well, see, the problem is," Octavia replied, her mouth curving into a wary smile. "Remember when you said, 'Everyone knows your mom is Olivia Pope and all. Right? That's your mother. It would be wrong for me to say otherwise, implying she's not your mother.' "Well, my mother is, in fact, Olivia Pope."

"Wait.." Lily said. "I'm so confused".

"My mother is Olivia Pope. Lily," Octavia replied.

"Octavia, I already know that your mother is Olivia Pope. She was friends with my father," Lily said. "Unless you're suggesting that I was right about your dad being the greatest president of all time."

"I don't recall mentioning that my mom was Olivia Pope," Octavia replied.

"Octavia, you told me when we were drunk," Lily said, trying to hold back her laughter.

"Oh yes, now I remember, haha," Octavia said, then laughed.

Knocks*
"Oh my gosh, Lily, help me," Octavia said, grabbing Lily's arm.

"Okay, I'll open the door for you since you want to act like a scaredy-cat," Lily said to Octavia. She then made her way to the door to open it, with Octavia now hiding behind her.

 She then made her way to the door to open it, with Octavia now hiding behind her